Yuri Razuvaev in 1975
|Full name||Юрий Разуваев|
10 October 1945|
|Died||21 March 2012(aged 66)|
Razuvaev's tournament wins included Dubna 1978, Polanica-Zdrój 1979, London 1983, Dortmund 1985, Jūrmala 1987, Pula 1988, Protvino 1988, Reykjavík 1990, Leningrad 1992, Tiraspol 1994, Reggio Emilia 1996 and San Sebastian 1996.
At the second USSR vs Rest of the World match in 1984, he substituted for Tigran Petrosian, who was absent because of illness. Razuvaev limited his opponent, the much higher rated Robert Hübner, to four straight draws.
- Yuri Razuvaev vs Lev Gutman, URS-ch otbor 1976, Gruenfeld Defense: Exchange, Classical Variation (D86), 1-0
- Yuri Razuvaev vs Zvonimir Mestrovic, Keszthely 1981, Queen's Gambit Accepted: Janowski-Larsen Variation (D25), 1-0
- Yuri Razuvaev vs Efim Geller, USSR 1988, Catalan Opening: Open Defense (E04), 1-0
- Fernando Prada-Rubin vs Yuri Razuvaev, Las Palmas op 1996, Sicilian Defense: Nyezhmetdinov-Rossolimo Attack (B31), 0-1
- Gulko, Boris (2012-03-22). "Yuri Sergeyevich Razuvaev, 1945–2012". ChessBase.com. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Arbiters / Trainers. Fide.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- About GMChess School. Gmchess.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
- Razuvaev profile. Chessgames.com. Retrieved on 2012-11-07.
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|