|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Prince Jurij or Yuri Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (20 April 1668 – 8 September 1739) was a Russian military and politician.
He was a son of Prince Jurij or Yuriy Petrovich Troubetzkoy, who died on 12 July 1679, and wife, whom he married in 1657, Princess Irina Wassilievna Galitzina and brother of Prince Ivan Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (18 June 1667 – 16 January 1750 Aleksandr Nevsky Monastery), "the last boyar", governor and Field Marshal.
Marriages and issue
He married firstly before 1696 Princess Jelena or Yelena Grigoriyevna Cherkasskaya or Tcherkasskaya, a relation to Prince Alexander Bekovich-Cherkassky, and had six children:
- Princess Maria Yuriyevna Trubetskaya (27 March 1696 - 16 August 1747), married her second cousin Prince Alexey Mikhailovich Cherkassky or Tcherkassky (1680 - 4 November 1742), State Chancellor of the Russian Empire
- Prince Nikita Yuriyevich Trubetskoy (26 May 1699 – 16 October 1767), Field Marshal 1756, minister of Defense of Russia 1760, married firstly 11/18 April 1722 Countess Anastasia Gawrilovna Golovkina (? - 7 April 1735), and had issue, and married secondly 10 November 1735 Princess Anna Danilovna Drutzkaya, and had issue
- Prince Aleksei or Alexey Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (1700 - 1776), married c. 1726 Anna Lvovna Naryshkina (9 February 1704 - 18 September 1776), cousin of Peter I of Russia, and had issue
- Prince Ivan Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (1703 - 13 June 1744), minister of Justice of Russia, married in 1721 Maria Jakowlovna Glebova (? - after 1768), and had issue
- Princess Praskovia Yuriyevna Trubetskaya (1704 - 1767), married in 1731 Count Pyotr Semyonovich Saltykov (Saltykovo, 11 December 1697/1700 - Marfino, 26 December 1772), first cousin once removed of Count Sergei Vasilievich Saltykov and related to Praskovia Fyodorovna Saltykova, and had issue
- Prince Jakow or Jakov Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy, married and had a son:
- Prince Dmitri Jakovlevich Troubetzkoy (? - 10 August 1770)
He married secondly before 1724 Olga Ivanovna Golovina and had two sons:
- Prince Dmitri or Dmitry Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (1724 – 9 December 1792), married Princess Warwara Ivanovna Odojevskaya (? - 9 November 1788), and had issue
- Prince Aleksander Yuriyevich Troubetzkoy (1727 - 1750), Chamberlain, unmarried and without issue
|This biography of a Russian noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|