Yuri Yakovich, Warsaw 2012
|Full name||Юрий Якович|
November 30, 1962 |
|FIDE rating||2524 (September 2014)|
Yuri Yakovich (Russian: Юрий Якович; born November 30, 1962) is a Russian chess Grandmaster (1990). He was a member of the silver medal winning Russian team at the 1997 European Team Chess Championship.
In 2003 he tied for 1st–3rd with Evgenij Miroshnichenko and Alexander Potapov in the Fakel Jamala tournament in Noyabrsk. In 2007, he tied for 1st–6th with Vitali Golod, Mateusz Bartel, Mikhail Kobalia, Michael Roiz and Zahar Efimenko in the 16th Monarch Assurance Isle of Man International tournament.
- Yuri Yakovich vs Vladimir Kramnik, USSR 1988, Sicilian Defense: Four Knights. Exchange Variation (B40), 1-0
- Yuri Yakovich vs David Bronstein, It (open) 1994, Queen's Gambit Accepted: Classical Defense (D26), 1-0
- Yuri Yakovich vs Magnus Carlsen, Bergen 2002, Queen's Indian Defense: Kasparov-Petrosian Variation (E12), 1-0
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "European Men's Team Chess Championship: Yuri Yakovich". OlimpBase. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- Crowther, Mark (2003-12-15). "TWIC 475: Fakel Jamala Noyabrsk". London Chess Center. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- Crowther, Mark (2007-10-01). "TWIC 673: 16th Monarch Assurance Isle of Man". London Chess Center. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
|This biographical article relating to a Russian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|