Yuri Andreyevich Zhdanov (Ю́рий Андре́евич Жда́нов) (1919–2006) was a Russian chemistry professor and rector of the University of Rostov. He was the son of Soviet politician Andrei Zhdanov and a former husband of Joseph Stalin's daughter, Svetlana Alliluyeva.
Yuri Andreyevich Zhdanov was born on August 20, 1919 in Tver. He graduated from Moscow State University in 1941 with a degree in organic chemistry and served with the Red Army during World War II. He received a Ph.D. in 1948.
He divorced Svetlana Alliluyeva in 1948 but remarried in 1952. They had a daughter Yekaterina ("Katya") in 1950.
He joined Rostov University in 1953, becoming a member of the Soviet Academy of Sciences and eventually Rector of the University. He was the author of numerous papers on organic chemistry.
He died on December 15, 2006 in Rostov-na-Donu.
- Order of the Patriotic War
- Order of the Red Star
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour (twice)
- USSR State Prize
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
- Simon Sebag Montefiore - Stalin the Court of the Red Tsar[full citation needed]
- http://www.peoples.ru/science/professor/zhdanov/ page in Russian