Yury Vasilyevich Buida (Russian: Юрий Васильевич Буйда) (born 1954) is a Russian author. He was born in Znamensk in the Kaliningrad region of Russia. In 1994 his novel The Zero Train was shortlisted for the Russian Booker Prize. His short story collection The Prussian Bride won the Apollon Grigoriev Prize in 1999, and its translation by Oliver Ready won the Rossica Translation Prize in 2005.
- The Zero Train, (novel), Dedalus, 2001.
- The Prussian Bride, (novel), Dedalus, 2002.
- Sinbad the Sailor, (story), from Russian Short Stories from Pushkin to Buida, Penguin Classics, 2006.
- More and More Angels and The Samurai's Dream, (stories), from 50 Writers: An Anthology of 20th Century Russian Short Stories, Academic Studies Press, 2011.
- ^ Chandler, Russian Short Stories, p. 374.
- ^ Russian Booker Prize website.
- ^ Dedalus Books website.