||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
April 18, 1979 |
Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
|Occupation||Actor, tarento, singer, singer-songwriter|
|Labels||Sony Music Records|
|Associated acts||Shuchishin, Aladdin, Hexagon All-Stars|
Yusuke Kamiji (上地 雄輔 Kamiji Yūsuke , born April 18, 1979 in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan as the first children) is a Japanese actor, singer, and tarento. In the music world, he is known mononymously as Yusuke (遊助 Yūsuke ).
Kamiji graduated from Yokohama Senior High School. He belonged to the baseball club while in school, and played catcher. He and Daisuke Matsuzaka played together for one year, and when Matsuzaka joined the club, it was Kamiji who first practiced with him. Kamiji assumed uniform number 2 from autumn of his junior year, but handed it over to freshman Yoshio Koyama (currently with the Chunichi Dragons) because of a serious injury to his right elbow during practice.
After high school, Kamiji attempted to enter university on a sports scholarship, but gave it up after the injury to his elbow. He then decided to make his way as an actor. He made his debut in the serial drama "LXIXVXE" on TBS in 1999. By this time, Daisuke Matsuzaka had made world headlines in the pros, and it was reported in several Japanese sports journals that his "former wife" had debuted as an actor. Kamiji acquired experience be appearing in bit parts in many TV dramas and movies.
His big break was in a guest appearance on "Quiz Hexagon II", a Japanese celebrity game show, in which he continues to provide comic relief; he is also a regular guest on Fuji TV's Stupid Cara.
Along with two of his fellow regulars on Quiz! Hexagon II, Takeshi Tsuruno and Naoki Nokubo, Kamiji was a member of a musical unit called Shuchishin. The trio often performed on air on Hexagon II for roughly one year, after which the group was dissolved. Since then, Kamiji has recorded and released music under the mononym Yusuke (遊助 Yūsuke , written differently than his legal name). All three of his singles released in 2009 charted, with "Himawari" reaching #8 for the year, "Tanpopo/Kaizokusen/Sono Kobushi" at #17, and "Ichō" at #37.
Kamiji's father, Katsuaki Kamiji, is Yokosuka City Congressman.
- Tobo Bengoshi (2010)
- Gyne (Gynecology) (2009)
- Binbo Man (2008)
- Rookies (2008)
- Scrap Teacher (2008)
- Celeb and Binbo Taro (2008)
- Gokusen 1 (2002)
- Crows Zero (2007)
- Crows Zero 2 (2009)
- "Himawari" (ひまわり, translated as "Sunflower") - March 11, 2009
- "Tanpopo/Kaizokusen/Sono Kobushi" (たんぽぽ／海賊船／其の拳, translated as "Dandelion/Pirate Ship/The Fist") - June 24, 2009
- "Ichō" (いちょう, translated as "Gingko") - November 4, 2009
- "Lion" (ライオン Raion ) - March 10, 2010
- "Mitsubachi" (ミツバチ, translated as "Honey Bee") - July 28, 2010
- "Hito" (ひと, translated as "Human") - November 10, 2010
- "Zenbu Suki." (全部好き。, translated as "I Love You All.") - July 20, 2011
- "Otakebi" (雄叫び, translated as "Roar") - August 3, 2011
- "Isshō Kenmei/Inazuma Zamurai" (一笑懸命/イナヅマ侍, translated as "Laugh Hard/Lightning Samurai") - November 9, 2011
- "Baby Baby" (Baby Baby) - March 7, 2012
- "Viva! Nossa Nossa" (ja:VIVA!Nossa Nossa, translated as "Hooray! Ours Ours") - October 31, 2012
- Ano.. Konnan Dekimashita Kedo. (あの・・こんなんできましたケド。, translated as "I Wish I Could Be Like That") - December 16, 2009
- Ano.. Yume Motemasu Kedo. (あの・・夢もてますケド。, translated as "I Wish I Could Have a Dream") - February 2, 2011
- Ano.. Namida ga Aru kara Ai ga Arun Desu Kedo. (あの・・涙があるから愛があるんですケド。, translated as "I Wish I Was Not In Love So I Would Not Cry") - April 4, 2012
- Ano.. Omatsuri Desu Kedo. ("I Wish I Was at That Festival") - May 30, 2012
- Ano.. Konnan Yarimasu Kedo. (あの・・こんなんやりますケド。, translated as "I Wish That I Could Give You Something.")
- Are.. Gūzen Desu Kedo. (あれっ・・ぐうぜんですケド。, translated as "Uh-Oh.. It Is a Coincidence.")
Clothing brand 
He owned a clothing brand called U-Suke which is selling school uniform.
- Japanese TV star is the world’s most popular blogger by Guinnes Records. Asiajin. June 5, 2008. Accessed September 22, 2009.