Yuvan – Live in Concert
|Concert by Yuvan Shankar Raja|
Nandanam, Chennai, India
|Date(s)||16 January 2011|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja concert chronology|
Yuvan – Live in Concert is a concert by Indian musician Yuvan Shankar Raja. The concert, Yuvan's second in his career, took place on Pongal, 16 January 2011 at the YMCA Grounds, Nandanam, Chennai. Following the announcement, popular Tamil television STAR Vijay agreed to collaborate, sponsoring, organising and marketing the concert, while airing a special television series about Yuvan Shankar Raja, with family members and prominent celebrities closely associated to him participating, besides producing a promotional music video, titled "I'll be there for you". The five-hour show, which was attended by 20,000 people, including several noted film personalities, was received very positively and considered a highly successful event. The concert was aired on 11 and 12 February, Friday and Saturday at 2000 hrs on Vijay TV.
Yuvan Isai Raja
As a run up to the concert, STAR Vijay telecasted a 3 week, 14-part series, where several noted celebrities, film directors, actors, friends, who worked with him, and his family members participated and talked about Yuvan Shankar Raja and his music. Yuvan himself participated in two episodes of the show, which was hosted by film actor and RJ Shiva. The show was aired on weekdays at 8pm from 27 December 2010 to 14 January 2011.
The following celebrities participated in chronological order:
- Bhavatharini, Premji Amaran, Vasuki Bhaskar, Venkat Prabhu
- A. R. Murugadoss
- N. Linguswamy and Na. Muthukumar
- Faisal, Bhagavathy and Brucelee (first part), Vaibhav Reddy, Premji Amaran (second time), Aravind Akash, Vijay Vasanth and Saravanarajan (second part)
- Ameer Sultan
- Silambarasan Rajendar
- Tanvi Shah, Harish Raghavendra, Madhumitha, Mukesh, Priyadarshini
- Karthik, Vijay Yesudas, Haricharan, Sathyan, Roshini, Priya Himesh, Suvi Suresh, Ajeesh
- Karthik Raja
Furthermore, the episodes in the third season of Vijay TV's reality-based singing competition Airtel Super Singer during the second January week in 2011, was made a Yuvan Shankar Raja special episode, with every song suny by the contestants during the episodes being Yuvan Shankar songs.
I'll Be There For You
A promotional music video for the concert, titled "I’ll Be There for You", was also made, composed and performed by Yuvan Shankar Raja himself, who also appears in the video. Pradeep Milroy Peter, programming head of Vijay TV said, "When we asked Yuvan whether we could do a music video to promote the event, he immediately accepted it", further noting that the whole process, "right from penning lyrics, to scoring music," was completed in a week. The lyrics of the song was written by Na. Muthukumar, which, according to him, would talk about "the relationship the music director and his fans shared". The video was shot in three consecutive nights at the Prasad Studios on sets created by art director Santhanam, with Vishnuvardhan directed the video, Kalyan doing the choreography and Nirav Shah handling the cinematography, who used a Red Camera for the shoot. The music video was released on 29 January 2010 at Sathyam Cinemas, with directors Venkat Prabhu, Lingusamy and Ameer attending, and was first telecasted on television on the same day.
- I'll Be There for You - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Neethane (Sarvam) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Nimirndhu Nil (Saroja) - Shankar Mahadevan
- Pul Pesum (Pudhupettai) - Vijay Yesudas, Premji Amaran, Tanvi Shah
- Thakkuthey (Baana Kaathadi) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Thee Pidikka (Arinthum Ariyamalum) - Premji Amaran, Roshini
- Siragugal (Sarvam) - Javed Ali, Madhumitha
- Ezhezhu Thalaimurai (Goa) - Yuvan Shankar Raja, Venkat Prabhu, Karthik Raja, Bhavatharini, Premji Amaran
- Kodana Kodi (Saroja) - Suvi Suresh, Premji Amaran
- Idhu kadhala (Thulluvadho Ilamai) - Rinaldo J A (Contest winner)
- Ayyayo (Paruthiveeran) - Shreya Ghoshal, Sathyan, Mukesh
- Irava Pagala (Poovellam Kettuppar)
- Pogathey (Deepavali) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Chinnan Sirusu (Kunguma Poovum Konjum Puravum) - Javed Ali, Bela Shende
- Loosu Penne (Vallavan) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Loosu Penne (Vallavan) - Silambarasan Rajendar
- Evandi Unna Pethan (Vaanam) - Silambarasan, Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Kanpesum Varthaigal (7G Rainbow Colony) - Karthik
- Thuli Thuli (Paiyaa) - Haricharan, Tanvi Shah
- Oru Kal Oru Kannadi (Siva Manasula Sakthi) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Oru Paarvaiyil (Siva Manasula Sakthi) - Sathyan
- Merke Merke (Kanda Naal Mudhal) - Shankar Mahadevan, Bela Shende
- Idhu Varai (Goa) - Andrea Jeremiah, Ajeesh
- Kadhal Endral (Goa) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Ninaithu Ninaithu Parthal (7G Rainbow Colony) - Shreya Ghoshal
- Devathayai Kanden (Kaadhal Kondein) - Harish Raghavendra
- Iragai Pole (Naan Mahaan Alla) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Thathi Thaavum Paper Naan (Boss Engira Bhaskaran) - Karthik
- Vethalaya Potendi (Billa) - Shankar Mahadevan
- Jalsa Pannungada (Chennai 600028) - Rahul Nambiar, Haricharan, Premji Amaran, Venkat Prabhu, Karthik
- Oru Naalil (Pudhupettai) - Yuvan Shankar Raja
- English song - Ilayaraaja, Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Ariyadha Vayasu (Paruthiveeran) - Ilayaraaja
- Where Is the Party (Silambattam) - Mukesh, Priyadarshini
Attendees, speeches and performances
- film director Vishnuvardhan
- film director Ameer Sultan
- film director Linguswamy
- film director Gautham Menon
- lyricist Na. Muthukumar
- actor Arya
- actor Jeeva
- actor Jai
- actor Silambarasan
- film producer T. Siva
- actor Rajinikanth (pre-recorded message)
- actor Surya Sivakumar (pre-recorded message)
Other prominent attendees:
- Selvaraghavan and his fiance Gitanjali
- Raadhika Sarathkumar and her daughter Varalaxmi Sarathkumar
- Naresh Iyer
- Dayanidhi Azhagiri
- Vaibhav Reddy
- Arvind Akash
- Mahat Raghavendra
- James Vasanthan
- SPB Charan
- STR Silambarasan
- Subbu Panchu
- "Yuvan to perform live in Chennai". Sify.com. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Yuvan will be there for you". The New Indian Express. 2010-12-30. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Yuvan - Live in Concert - A rare occasion". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "Yuvan rocks Chennai". Sify.com. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- TNN, Jan 22, 2011, 12.01am IST (2011-01-22). "Yuvan's a rockstar - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Another Deol enters the movie world". Times LIVE. 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Yuvan's Musical Extravaganzas in Vijay TV". Top10Cinema.com. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "Yuvan To Celebrate! - Yuvan Shankar Raja - Venkat Prabhu - Tamil Movie News". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Why you should watch these Super Singers - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Arts / Music : The stage is set". The Hindu. 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2011-02-11.