|Born||November 11, 1987|
|Origin||Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan|
|Associated acts||NEWS, Tegomass|
Tegoshi entered Johnny's Jimusho during December 2002. He participated in various Johnny's Junior activities for eleven months before becoming a member of NEWS in 2003. Before NEWS, he was almost completely unknown to the public.
Tegoshi appeared with his band members on Johnny's related television shows, such as The Shōnen Club and Ya-Ya-yah, soon after he entered the entertainment business. Tegoshi quickly gained popularity with his singing and is considered by many fans to be NEWS' best singer. In 2005, Tegoshi landed the lead role in the movie Shisso, becoming the first member to star in a movie. Shisso aka Dead Run (International title) premiered in North America at the 2005 New Montreal FilmFest. He gained more acting roles in various Japanese dramas and continued his activities as a member of NEWS. He also hosted his own radio show, called "Tegoshi Yuya's What a Wonderful Music" from April 2005 to March 2006.
During NEWS's hiatus in 2006, he and bandmate Takahisa Masuda formed the duo Tegomass. They released the single "Miso Soup", recorded entirely in English, in Sweden that reached No.12 on the Swedish charts. In December 2006, they released the Japanese version of "Miso Soup" in Japan, which reached #1 on the Oricon charts. Even after NEWS' reformation at the end of 2006, Tegomass continued to have activities. In the spring of 2007, Tegomass released the single "Kiss (Kaerimichi no Love Song)" (キッス~帰り道のラブソング~?), which was the theme song for the anime Lovely Complex and debuted at #2 on the Oricon charts. Both "Miso Soup" and "Kiss (Kaerimichi no Love Song)" went on to place #58 and #46 respectively on Oricon's Top 100 singles of 2007. Tegomass also represented the Japanese High School Volleyball Tournament with the song called "Marui Chikara" (マルイチカラ?).
Tegoshi Yuya debuted in 2007 as a voice actor for the Japanese release of the American animated film Happy Feet as the voice of Mumble. In July 2007, Tegoshi was given the opportunity to perform a one-man-show called Tegoraji. Then he starred in Fuji TV's drama special called Shabake, as Ichitaro, based on the novel of the same name written by Megumi Hatakenaka (畠中 恵 Hatakenaka Megumi?).
In June 2008, Tegomass released their third single "Ai Ai Gasa", the ending theme song for the anime series Neo Angelique Abyss. "Ai Ai Gasa" debuted at #1 on the Oricon charts and placed No.64 on the Oricon Top 100 Singles of 2008. Tegoshi also reprised his role as Ichitaro, for the sequel of Shabake called Shabake: Uso Uso. At the end of 2008, director Hans Canosa cast Tegoshi as Mirai for the movie Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, based on the novel of the same name by Gabrielle Zevin. This movie is slated to premiere March 27, 2010 in Japan.
During the summer of 2009, Tegoshi focused most of his energy on Tegomass activities. The duo released their single "Tanabata Matsuri" concurrently in Japan and Sweden on July 7 and released their first album the following week in Japan. They also held their first live concert tour in Japan. After the concert tour ended, Tegoshi took part in the musical comedy Dream Boys 2009 alongside fellow Johnny & Associates members Kazuya Kamenashi and Subaru Shibutani at the Imperial Garden Theater in Marunouchi, Tokyo. This was his first time being featured as a major character in this annual stage show. Not only did Tegoshi appear in the stage play, he also acted in a special drama for FujiTV titled Dareka ga Uso wo Tsuiteiru. He played, Sato Takahiro, a host and the son of a salaryman accused of groping a high school girl on a train. Tegoshi also participated on the new variety show called Sōkon. Sōkon is Japan's' first running variety show in history and features Tegoshi with fellow NEWS members, Keiichiro Koyama, Shigeaki Kato and Takahisa Masuda. The show is part of Lawson's green project campaign, where Lawson will plant trees around Japan depending on the number of points the members are awarded as they complete different running missions. At the end of 2009, it was announced that Tegoshi will take on the role of Toyama Yukinojo in the live-action drama adaption Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge based on the manga of the same name. The drama was aired January 15, 2010.
On October 15, Tegoshi has been assigned to be the main caster for Toyota Presents FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012. He will be hosting a new soccer sports show on NTV called "Soccer Earth" and the image song titled "World Quest" by NEWS for their new single.
He possessed a tenor singing voice while his vocal range spanned from A♭2 (could be heard on NEWS's "Best Friend") to C5 - Tenor high C (could be heard on his recording of "Stars").
- Deka Wanko (2011) as Ryuuta Kirishima
- Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (2010) as Yukinojo Toyama
- Dareka ga Uso wo Tsuiteiru (2009) as Takahiro Sato
- Shabake: Uso Uso (2008) as Ichitaro
- Shabake Shabake (2007) as Ichitaro
- Hyoten 2006 (2006) as Toru Tsujiguchi
- My Boss My Hero (2006) as Jun Sakurakoji
- Gachibaka! (2006) as Minoru Utsugi
- Gekidan Engimono (2005) as Hiroaki Tomiyama
- 15 Sai no Blues (2005) as Kōhei Sanada
- Hotaru no Hikari (2012)
- Dareka ga Watashi ni Kiss wo Shita (working titled Nakushita Kioku (ナクシタキオク?)) (2010)
- Happy Feet (2007) (Japanese dubbing for Mumble) (Original voice done by: Elijah Wood)
- Dead Run (2005)
- Ya-Ya-yah (2003–2007)
- Sekai no Hate Made Itte Q (2007–ongoing)
- Sōkon (2009–2010)
- SOCCER EARTH as main caster for “Toyota Presents FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012″
- Tegoshi Yuya's Journey to Soccer World SP (2012-12-08)
- Dream Boys (2009)
- Tegoraji (2007)
- House Foods: Tongari Corn (2005)
- House Foods: Vermont Curry (2006-2007)
- Calbee: Kappa Ebisen (2009)
- Nintendo: Pokemon Black/White (2009)
- Otsuka: MATCH (2011-present)
- Ajinomoto: Knorr Cup Soup (2012-present)
- Shisso Summary The New York Times
-  Swedish Top 60 charts
-  Oricon Top 100 single sales in Japan 2007 (Translated)
-  Oricon Weekly Singles chart for 2008年07月第1週 (Japanese)
-  Oricon Top 100 single sales in Japan 2008, 2008-12-24. (Translated)
- Tegoshi revisits "Shabake" role Tokyograph, 2008-07-16.
- ＮＥＷＳ手越 松ケン友人役でハリウッド映画 Sponichi, 2008-11-30. (Japanese)
- Nakushita Kioku gets release window, official title Tokyograph, 2009-10-11.
- Dareka ga Watashi ni Kiss wo Shita Toei Official Site, 2009-11-19.
- Tegoshi to play host in drama special Tokyograph, 2009-05-21.
- Mizutani falsely accused of groping in Fuji TV drama Tokyograph, 2009-04-14.
- ＮＥＷＳ４人で走りまくり…１２日スタート日テレ「走魂」 Yomiuri Online, 2009-11-01. (Japanese)
- ＮＥＷＳ小山らランニングバラエティー Nikkan Sports, 2009-11-01. (Japanese)
- Kamenashi to star in "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge" drama Tokyograph, 2009-11-29.
- 亀梨、ＴＢＳ連ドラ初主演！短気な大学生役 Sanspo, 2009-11-30. (Japanese)
- Mikako Tabe stars in "Deka Wanko" drama Tokyograph, 2010-11-22.
- Tegoshi to play host in drama special Tokyograph, 2009-05-21.
- ＮＥＷＳ手越、「夢だった」クラブＷ杯の顔に！ Nikkan Sports, 2012-10-16 (Japanese).
- Tegoshi Yuya appointed as main caster of “FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012″ JE News Daily, 2012-10-17.
- 手越祐也ＭＡＴＣＨに選ばれメロスになる Nikkan Sports, 2011-06-16 (Japanese).
- V6井ノ原・関ジャニ横山・NEWS手越で新ユニット結成!?「長年やってるみたい」 Oricon Style, 2012-09-19 (Japanese).
- http://www.johnnys-net.jp/ - Johnny & Associates site