|IATA: UUS – ICAO: UHSS|
|Operator||FSUE "Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Airport"|
|Elevation AMSL||18 m / 59 ft|
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Южно-Сахалинск, IATA: UUS, ICAO: UHSS) is an airport in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, on the Russian island of Sakhalin. The airport was established in 1945 as a military airfield. With currently one 3,400 m concrete runway, one passenger terminal, two cargo terminals and 16 aircraft stands, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Airport is the largest airport in Sakhalin Oblast.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service:
operated by Aurora
|Iturup, Harbin, Khabarovsk, Kurilsk, Okha, Sapporo-New Chitose, Shakhtyorsk, Seoul-Incheon, Vladivostok, Yuzhno-Kurilsk
|Nordwind Airlines||Charter: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Nha Trang|
|S7 Airlines||Khabarovsk, Novosibirsk, Vladivostok|
Seasonal: Saint Petersburg
- Airport information for UHSS from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for UUS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- L, J (16 April 2014). "Aurora to Start Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk – Tokyo Narita Scheduled Charter Service from May 2014". Airline Route. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- (Russian) Official website
- Accident history for UUS at Aviation Safety Network
- Aeronautical chart for UHSS at SkyVector
- Current weather for UHSS at NOAA/NWS
- Airport Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Homutovo) Aviateka.Handbook