Zürcher Theater Spektakel
The Zürcher Theater Spektakel (Zürich Theatre Spectacle) is an international theatre and performing arts festival, held annually each summer in Zürich, Switzerland. First held in 1980, the festival invites 20-25 different performing arts groups and artists from around the world to take part each year. The event began in a much smaller form as an annual international meeting of independent theatre groups, before emerging as a much larger cultural event in Switzerland. Currently, five separate locations are used as venues for the festival, of which the largest is the Landiwiese venue. The Landiwiese venue and the so-called Saffa-Insel are located by Lake Zurich in the Wollishofen quarter, District 2, and features numerous open-air shows.
The most recent event was held from the 13th to the 30th of August 2009, and had a Latin American focus. The next festival is scheduled to be held between the 19th of August to the 5th of September 2010, and will have a special focus on Asia.
- "World Events Guide". Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "KadmusArts". Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "Sightseeing Switzerland". Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "Official Website - Venues". Retrieved 15 September 2009.[dead link]
- "Official Website - Landiwiese". Retrieved 15 September 2009.[dead link]
- "Official Website - Main page". Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- "Zürcher Theater Spektakel". Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Official Website - Theater Spektakel 2010". Retrieved 15 September 2009.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zürcher Theater Spektakel.|
- (English) (German) Official website
|This article about a theatre festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|