Zëri i Popullit
Headquarters of Zëri i Popullit in the 1980s.
|Owner(s)||Party of Labour of Albania (1944-1992),
Socialist Party of Albania (1992-present)
|Founded||25 August 1942|
|Political alignment||Historically Marxism-Leninism, now Social democracy|
|Circulation||5,167 (Daily) (2002) |
|Website||Zëri i Popullit|
History and profile
Zëri i Popullit was established on 25 August 1942 and originally edited by Enver Hoxha. It became the official newspaper of Albania and was the news and propaganda organ of the Party of Labour. After 1991 the paper continued to be published as the press organ of the Socialist Party of Albania.
The last page of the paper is published in English.
Its 2005 circulation was 35,000 copies, making it the most read daily in the country.
Editors in chief
- This list is incomplete
- Enver Hoxha 
- Xhelil Gjoni
- Marash Hajati
- Namik Dokle
- Thoma Gellci
- Erion Braçe
- Eva Allushi 
- Dorina Hamzallari
- Albania-The Cost of Speech - Violation of Media Freedom in Albania, Human Rights Watch June 2002. 14 (5) (D), Appendix A
- Dokumenta kryesore të Partisë së Punës të Shqipërisë I. Tiranë: Naim Frashëri. 1971. pp. 94-96.
- Ilda Londo (2002). "Albania". Media Institute. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Mimoza Rista-Dema (2006). Inverse-order Constructions in Albanian English: Discourse and Prototype Effects. ProQuest. p. 83. ISBN 978-0-542-84790-5. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Albania". Press Reference. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- “Fotoja zyrtare e Enverit fotomontazh i Gradecit” Gazeta Shqiptare Online 8 January 2013
- Dorëhiqet si kryeredaktore e Zërit të Popullit, Eva Allushi, pas presioneve të Ramës Shqiperia
- Zëri i Popullit (Albanian)