Z-Man Games is a company incorporated in 1999 in the USA to produce games. The headquarters is in Mahopac, New York, near New York City. It is named after its proprietor, Zev Shlasinger. Its productions include:
- the collectible card game, Shadowfist (the primary reason that the company was first formed was to bring this collectible card game back into publication
- a B-movie card game series consisting of games such as Grave Robbers From Outer Space and Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom
- translations of European games such as Agricola, Neuroshima Hex! and Ursuppe
- translations of non-European games, for example, Shadow Hunters (Japan)
- original designs such as 1960: The Making of the President
- Arimaa, an abstract strategy game
- Gheos, a game where players take on the role of deities
- Omlevex, a role-playing supplement for Mutants & Masterminds, Champions, and Silver Age Sentinels
- Pandemic, a cooperative board game
- Start Player by Ted Alspach, a card game to determine who goes first in the following game
- Endeavor, a complex strategy game edited by Z-Man Games in 2009
- The Walking Dead, a board games based on the comic of the same name, released in 2009. They are currently working on a second board game based on the property, The Walking Dead: The Prison, which will be "both a stand-alone game and an expansion module to the first game", which is being funded through Kickstarter.
In 2011, Quebec-based distributor Filosofia bought Z-Man Games. Shlasinger remains head of Z-Man games.
- Going Cardboard (Documentary)
- "CCGs reign this summer with a flood of new releases". Scrye 7.4: 10. July 2000.
- Dr. Matt Carlson (2005-07-25). "Unplugged #31: Z-Man Games". GamerDad.com. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- W. Eric Martin (16 December 2007). "Ask Z-Man Games: Looking Back, and Looking to 2008". web.archive.org. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Pook, Matthew (2001-10-12). "Pyramid Review: Grave Robbers From Outer Space Card Game". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Pook, Matthew (2002-10-25). "Pyramid Review: Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Jean-Luc Simard (April 2008). "1960: The Making of the President". Scrye (118): 43.
- Clifford, Mike; Mike Siggins (March 2008). "2007, My Top 5". Counter (40): 5–12.
- Vetromile, Andy (2007-03-16). "Pyramid Review: Gheos". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Vetromile, Andy (2004-08-06). "Pyramid Review: Omlevex (for Mutants & Masterminds, Silver-Age Sentinels, & Champions)". Pyramid (online) (Steve Jackson Games). Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Fredericks, Colin (2004-03-26). "Review of Omlevex". RPGnet. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- "The Walking Dead" The Prison - Board Game by Keith Tralins at Kickstarter
- "Filosofia buys Z-Man Games". Retrieved 2012-03-18.