Black Wire Rope
|Founded||Las Vegas, Nevada
Incorporated February 7, 1995
|Number of locations||Utrecht, the Netherlands|
ZFX Inc., commonly known as ZFX Flying, is a performer-flying-effects company based in Louisville, Kentucky, and Utrecht, the Netherlands. The company name is pronounced "Zee Eff Eks" (using the American English pronunciation of the letter Z). Founded in Las Vegas in 1994 it has provided flying effects for hundreds of professional and amateur versions of Peter Pan and the Wizard of Oz. and Broadway productions such as Wicked.
In 2010 they branched out from flying performers in live productions to also flying mannequins in retail stores. Starting with the Uniqlo flagship store in Shanghai they worked with the architectural firm Bohlin Cywinski Jackson in making multiple mannequins flying in a 20 meter atrium and an overhead carousel of rotating mannequins in acrylic pods. Those concepts helped Bohlin Cywinski Jackson to win the EuroShop RetailDesign award in 2012.
- Hathaway, Brad (2010-08-06). "From Wicked to Wizard, ZFX Flying Directors work the ropes". Live Design.
- "Special effects". The Broadway League. 2003-10-30.
- Orosz, Monica (2009-10-29). "Peter Pan's flight not just pixie dust, Company routinely sends actors soaring, has rented equipment for Charleston play". Charleston Daily Mail.
- "Peter Pan is up in the Air". Pagosa Springs Post. 2007-04-26.
- "Search for an ETCP Certified Technician". PLASA. 2011-05-01.
- "Uniqlo Shanghai Flagship Store". Architect Magazine. 2010-12-10.
- "EuroShop RetailDesign Award 2012". EHI Retail Institute. 2012-01-16.
- "UNIQLO Shanghai wins EuroShop RetailDesign Award". Bohlin Cywinski Jackson. 2012-01-16.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|