|Type||Mobile Phone Operator|
ZONG is the first international brand of China Mobile, launched in Pakistan in 2008. The company is often cited as China Mobile (Pakistan) or CMPak. As of June 2013, it had a subscriber base of more than 20 million.
Partnership with Manchester United F.C.
In October 2011, ZONG signed a three-year partnership deal with the English football club Manchester United F.C. The deal allowed the Club's fans in Pakistan to see all the goals scored, as well as exclusive interviews, news and behind-the-scenes access. ZONG also made a television commercial featuring the Manchester United players Dimitar Berbatov, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher and Ashley Young playing street football with Pakistani children.
In 2012, Zong sent 32 boys for a one-week training camp to Manchester United Soccer School in Abu Dhabi. 120 teams with maximum 16 players each were identified and trials were conducted in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Multan and Faisalabad by a team of professional coaches. A total of three teams were formed in Karachi, two in Lahore, one each in Islamabad-Rawalpindi, Multan and Faisalabad. The coaches then identified 32 boys to send to Abu Dabhi from these 8 teams.
Zong's CSR efforts include supporting scholarships to students at the University of Engineering and Technology (Peshawar).
- "About ZONG". Zong Homepage.
- China Mobile makes 1.5 bln USD investment in Pakistan Xinhua, 2011-12-29
- "United welcome Zong". Manchester United. 25 October 2011.
- "Manchester United signs partnership deal with Zong". Express Tribune. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "United, Zong sign three-year accord". Daily Times. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Zong's Manchester United Ad
- "Soccer training: Zong to send Pakistan youngsters to Abu Dhabi". Daily Times. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Zong Launched Scholarship Program for UET Students". Pro Pakistani: Pakistani Telecom & IT News.
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|