|Industry||Mixed martial arts Promotions|
|Founded||November 23, 2002|
|Headquarters||Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan|
|Jō Uehara (Head of promotion)|
|Services||Promoting Mixed Martial Mrts events|
ZST (pronounced Zest) is a Japan-based mixed martial arts promotion and sanctioning organization holding amateur and semi-professional MMA events. ZST adopts unique rules in the MMA industry and also used to hold tag-team MMA matches.
ZST was conceived in efforts to accommodate fighters of puroresu MMA promotion RINGS that went defunct in February 2002. On September 22, 2002, Takeshi Caesar, the president of Shoot boxing Association(SBA), and Koki Hioki, representative of ZST, had a conversation after the shoot boxing event, and they announced that SBA supports ZST. For this reason, ZST promoted some metches under shoot boxing rule in the early age.
The first ZST event "The Battle Field ZST Opening Event" was arranged on November 23, 2002 in Tokyo, and it has since experienced a dramatic increase in popularity possibly in large part due to their highly different rule format. In this event, not only usual MMA matches but MMA tag match also was hold among Takumi Yano, Masakazu Imanari and Remigijus Morkevicius, Mindaugas Stankos .
On November 23, 2003, "ZST GP Opening" was hold in Tokyo.
Bouts consist of three rounds with a rest period of one and a half minutes. The first and second rounds are five minutes in duration and the third round is three minutes in duration, but the third round is an extra round. Punches, elbow strikes, knees and kicks are allowed to the head and body when both fighters are standing. On the ground punches, elbow strikes, knees and kicks are only allowed to the body. Bouts are not judged. In the event that the bout goes the full-time, the bout is ruled a draw.
Grappling rule (GT-F Rule)
Bouts consist of two rounds with a rest period of one and two minutes. The first and second rounds are five minutes in duration. The positioning is not regarded for scoring as important factor and any motions including clinching and holding which impedes bouts are prohibited. GT-F came from "Grappling Tournament - Featherweight".
ZST holds various types of events depending on their theme.
- The main events held regularly under ZST rule for the top contenders.
- ZST GP
- The tournament events under KOK rule. The events are divided to twice.
- Battle Hazard
- The events focusing the matches which are not under ZST rule.
- The tournament events of grappling.
- The opening matches of ZST and Battle Hazard for the fresh professional contenders.
- The events focusing the fresh professional contenders who currently participate Genesis matches. It holds "Genesis tournament" every year, and it is an actual freshmen tournament.
- Pre Stage
- The events of grappling for the amateur contenders.
ZST sets 11 weight divisions.
|Weight division||Weight||No.||Name of Champion||Nationality|
|Super heavyweight||above 100 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Heavyweight||from 90 to less than 100 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Cruiserweight||from 85 to less than 90 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Light heavyweight||from 80 to less than 85 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Middleweight||from 75 to less than 80 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Welterweight||from 70 to less than 75 kg||-||Tetsuya Yamada||Japan|
|Lightweight||from 65 to less than 70 kg||-||Vacant||-|
|Featherweight||from 60 to less than 65 kg||-||Masayuki Okude||Japan|
|Bantamweight||from 55 to less than 60 kg||1st||Keisuke Fujiwara||Japan|
|Flyweight||less than 55 kg||1st||Ryosuke Tanuma||Japan|
- 11.23 ディファ：ヤノタク、純朴なリトアニア人コンビを挑発 11.23 Differ Ariake: Takumi Yano provokes the naive Lithuanian pair BoutReview: 2002-11-22. Reverted: 2008-9-24.
- 11.23 有明：足関十段、1人で2本!イリホリ組が旗揚げ戦を食う 11.23 Differ Ariake: Ashikan Judan submits twice by himself! Iri-Hori pair upstages the first event BoutReview: 2003-1-4. Reverted:2008-9-25.
- Deep, ZST Partner Up
- 【ZST】田沼良介がKO勝利で初代フライ級王者に！奥出雅之は東谷輝彦に一本勝ち 【ZST】Ryosuke Tanuma becomes the first champion at flyweight by KO! Masayuki Okuide beats Teruhiko Azumaya by submission