|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
ZThreads is a cross-platform high-level object-oriented C++ library, which provides an interface to application programming interface (API) threads for POSIX Pthreads and Windows API threads. It is licensed under MIT License and authored by Eric Crahen.
ZThread is one of several C++ threading libraries available: such as Boost, POCO, and TBB.
It provides many advanced features, such as:
- Clean, minimal and complete interfaces
- Rich set of primitives
- Uses modern design techniques, such as policy based design
- Thread objects life cycle management
- Priority mutex, condition, semaphore
- Ability to cancel, interrupt threads via means similar to Java
- Executor interface decouples task execution from execution method; thread pool is a special executor
- Queue support: locked, blocking, bounded, monitored
- ^ "ZThread". Freshmeat. Geeknet, Inc. Retrieved 18 August 2011.