|• Also spelled||al-Zababida (official)
|• Type||Village Council (from 1995)|
|• Jurisdiction||5,719 dunams (5.7 km2 or 2.2 sq mi)|
Zababdeh or Zababida (Arabic: الزبابدة) is a Palestinian town in the northern West Bank located 15 km southeast of Jenin and 2 km from the Arab American University. Its jurisdiction consists of 5,719 dunams, three-fifths being covered with olive and fig groves. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics 2007 census, there were 3,665 residents, of which roughly two-thirds are Christians, and by law the mayor has to be a Christian.
Twin towns – Sister cities
Zababdeh is twinned with:
- 2007 Locality Population Statistics. Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
- al-Zababida الزبابده on Palestine Remembered
- 64% according to : "Zababdeh is one of the larger Villages with significant Christian populations in the north of the West Bank with 2,251 Christians out of 3,500 citizen."
- "Welcome to Zababdeh". Ixelles.be. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 229)
- Ellenblum, Ronnie (2003). Frankish Rural Settlement in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521521871. (pp. 125, 250)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 212)
- Zababdeh Official Website-Rajaie
- Welcome To al-Zababida
- SWP map 12, IAA
- SWP map 12, Wikimedia commons
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|