|Camden Riversharks – No. 1|
July 11, 1983 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|May 1, 2013 for the Baltimore Orioles|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||16.20|
Clark graduated from Newark High School in Newark, Delaware, in 2001. He then attended the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), where he played college baseball for the UMBC Retrievers. He went undrafted after graduating in 2006, and signed with the Baltimore Orioles as a free agent, receiving a $1,000 signing bonus. By 2010, Clark was promoted to the Norfolk Tides of the Class AAA International League, the highest level of minor league baseball.
Clark posted a strong breakout season in 2012 for the Bowie Baysox of the Class AA Eastern League and Norfolk, posting a 15-7 win–loss record with a 2.79 earned run average between the two teams. The Orioles added Clark to their 40-man roster after the 2012 season.
Clark began the 2013 season with Norfolk. On May 1, 2013, Clark was called up to the Orioles, where he was expected to be a part of the bullpen. Clark made his Major League debut that same night against the Mariners in Seattle, coming on in relief of Wei-Yin Chen in the bottom of the 5th inning. He went 1 2⁄3 innings in his debut, allowing three hits and three earned runs. He was designated for assignment on May 4, 2013. On May 6, he was outrighted to Bowie, where he will work on developing a knuckleball.
- Hurlock, Buddy (June 19, 2008). "Clark's repertoire growing in minors". The News Journal (Wilmington, Delaware). p. C.6. Retrieved December 5, 2012. (subscription required)
- Encina, Eduardo A. (May 4, 2013). "UMBC product Zach Clark realizes it's not easy sticking in the major leagues". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Kubatko, Roch (October 22, 2012). "School of Roch: Looking back on Zach Clark's season". Masnsports.com. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Encina, Eduardo A. (October 31, 2011). "Orioles select contract of UMBC product Zach Clark". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Waldman, Tyler (May 7, 2013). "UMBC Grad Zach Clark Recalled by Orioles - Sports - Catonsville, MD Patch". Catonsville.patch.com. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Connolly, Dan (April 30, 2013). "Ex-UMBC player Zach Clark to be activated for Orioles tonight in Seattle". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Twitter / FrederickKeys: Former Keys P Zack Clark takes". Twitter.com. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Connolly, Dan (May 6, 2013). "Zach Clark sent to AA Bowie". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved January 7, 2014.