Zach Nelson, NetSuite CEO
|Born||Zachary A. Nelson
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
|Occupation||President & CEO of NetSuite|
Zach Nelson is President and Chief Executive Officer of NetSuite, Inc.
Zach Nelson held a variety of executive positions in the hi-tech industry, spanning marketing, sales, product development and business strategy with leading companies such as Oracle Corporation, Sun Microsystems, and McAfee/Network Associates. CEO of NetSuite since 2002, Nelson led the company's successful IPO in 2007 and its rise from startup to become one of the industry's leading cloud computing companies.
He was named to Fortune magazine's Businessperson of the Year list and CRN's 25 Most Influential Executives in 2012. He was named one of the 10 Visionary CEOs of 2008 by InternetNews.com, was named CRM Influential Leader of 2006 by CRM Magazine and was named one of the 50 Most Powerful People in Enterprise Tech by Business Insider. Nelson was an investor in the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League but was not named in a player class-action lawsuit against the team for unpaid wages, indicating that Nelson had dropped out of the organization by that time.
He is an investor in Curbed.com, a popular real estate blog network with sites in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles that was acquired by Vox Media, an investor in Medstory, later acquired by Microsoft, and an investor in Immunet, later acquired by Sourcfire. Nelson is also an investor in Tosca Cafe, a San Francisco restaurant. His hobbies include abalone hunting.
He holds B.S. and M.A. degrees from Stanford University.
- Liedtke, Michael (December 20, 2007). "NetSuite shares surge 36 pct in debut". USA Today. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- "NetSuite's Sweet Spot". Forbes. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- the Editors of Fortune magazine (November 30, 2012). "2012 Businessperson of the Year". Fortune Magazine.
- Rob Wright (November 15, 2012). "The 25 Most Influential Executives Of 2012". CRM Magazine.
- "A Salute to Visionary CEOs" Internetnews.com[dead link]
- the Editors of CRM magazine (October 1, 2006). "The 2006 Influential Leaders". CRM Magazine. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- The 50 Most Powerful People In Enterprise Tech, BusinessInsider, June 29, 2013
- IT Business Edge, October 10, 2008. There's Method Behind Zach Nelson's Madness
- Matt Marshall (October 31, 2007). "Curbed.com raises $1.5M for real estate blog network". VentureBeat. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- Peter Kafka (November 10, 2013). "Vox Media Spends Some of Its Giant Funding Round on Lockhart Steele’s Curbed Network". All Things Digital.
- Matt Marshall (February 26, 2007). "Microsoft Buys Health Search Engine, Medstory". VentureBeat.
- Sarah Lacy (January 5, 2010). "Cloud Security Heats up as Sourcefire Pays $21M for Immunet". TechCrunch.
- Williams, Alex (December 4, 2005). "Wheels and Deals in Silicon Valley". The New York Times. Retrieved January 21, 2012.