Redmond in November 2014.
July 26, 1988 |
Houston, TX, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|NHL Draft||184th overall, 2008
Zachary Thomas Redmond (born July 26, 1988) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 7th round (184th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Following his collegiate career with Ferris State University, Redmond was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Thrashers on April 6, 2011. Following the Thrashers' reloctation, his NHL rights were then transferred to the Winnipeg Jets.
Redmond scored his first NHL goal, a short-handed marker, on February 7, 2013, against James Reimer of the Toronto Maple Leafs. On Thursday, February 21, 2013, Redmond was rushed to a hospital in the Raleigh, North Carolina area to repair a laceration to his right femoral artery and vein in his mid-thigh region, after he was seriously cut by a teammate's skate. He was expected to miss the remainder of the 2012–13 season. On April 4, 2013, Redmond resumed skating with his teammates and revealed that his recovery was well ahead of schedule, with doctors and trainers describing the pace of his recovery as "miraculous." He expected to be ready for training camp in September 2013 and didn't rule out the possibility of an earlier return if the Jets were to enjoy a deep 2013 playoff run.
Redmond marked his return to hockey in the following 2013–14 season, with AHL affiliate, the St. John's IceCaps. After two games with the IceCaps he was recalled to Winnipeg on November 3, 2013. By season's end, Redmond was recalled four times by the Jets, to appear in only 10 games with 3 points. Having played primarily in the AHL, he was instrumental in helping St. John's reach their first Calder Cup Finals.
Falling short of the NHL games-played requirement throughout his entry-level contract, partly due to the serious leg injury he sustained the previous season, Redmond attained free-agent status. On July 1, 2014, Redmond was signed to a two-year contract with the Colorado Avalanche.
|2005–06||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||48||4||7||11||57||11||1||2||3||4|
|2006–07||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||60||8||31||39||37||8||3||7||10||8|
|2007–08||Ferris State University||CCHA||37||6||13||19||33||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Ferris State University||CCHA||38||3||21||24||48||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Ferris State University||CCHA||40||6||21||27||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Ferris State University||CCHA||26||7||13||20||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||72||8||23||31||33||10||1||2||3||10|
|2012–13||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||38||8||11||19||34||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||St. John's IceCaps||AHL||40||6||18||24||26||21||2||12||14||16|
Awards and honors
|Curt Hammer Award||2007|
|Clark Cup Champion||2007|
|All-CCHA Second Team||2009–10|||
|All-CCHA First Team||2010–11|||
|AHCA West Second-Team All-American||2010–11|
- "Zach Redmond Winnipeg Jets - 2012-2013 Stats - Winnipeg Jets - Team". NHL. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Hockey's Future - Zach Redmond". Hockey's Future. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Kessel's goal lifts Leafs to 3-2 win in Winnipeg". National Hockey League. 2013-02-07. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Brigidi, Matt (February 21, 2013). "Zach Redmond injury: Jets defenseman reportedly cut by skate blade". SBnation.com. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Lawless, Gary (April 5, 2013). "Updated: A 'miracle' Redmond back on ice: doctors". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- "Redmond prognosis announced". Winnipeg Jets. 2013-04-04. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "Jets recall Zach Redmond". Winnipeg Jets. 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2013-11-03.
- "Avalanche signs four players". Colorado Avalanche. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "Miami, Ferris State lead CCHA". collegehockeynews.com. 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- "College notes: Ferris State Hockey". mlive.com. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-03-29.