|Education||Wharton Business School
Columbia Law School
Johns Hopkins University
The Blackstone Group
The White House
|Organization||Council on Foreign Relations
The Asia Society
Bretton Woods Committee
National Committee on U.S.-China Relations
|Awards||Revolutionary CFO of the Year
All-USA College Academic Team
Asia 21 Young Leader
Zack Friedman is an executive, investor, attorney, educator and community leader.
Friedman is the Group Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Mina Group, an international energy services and energy infrastructure company and the largest supplier of jet fuel to the US military in Afghanistan.
In 2014, Friedman was named "Revolutionary CFO of the Year" in the Middle East.
Prior to Mina Group, Friedman was a hedge fund investor, and invested across multiple sectors, including financial services, real estate, energy, consumer, and healthcare. Previously, Friedman worked at The Blackstone Group, the global private equity and advisory firm, and Morgan Stanley, the international investment bank. Friedman is a former White House intern for the Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton.
Friedman is a graduate of Wharton Business School (MBA), Columbia Law School (J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), Harvard University (Master in Public Policy) and Johns Hopkins University (B.A., Phi Beta Kappa). According to one of his professors, "Zack Friedman is, quite simply, one of the smartest and best students I have had in over 36 years of teaching political science and constitutional law."
Friedman is a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a member of the Dean’s Council at Harvard Kennedy School. He is a member of the Pacific Council, Bretton Woods Committee, National Committee on U.S.-China Relations and California Bar. Friedman is a board member of the Columbia Law School Association and a board member emeritus of Rocking The Boat, a non-profit organization that helps disadvantaged youth learn leadership, teamwork and environmental education through wooden boat building.
Friedman has been recognized for his leadership at the both the national and international levels. USA Today named him one of the Top 20 college students in America as a member of the All-USA College Academic Team. The Asia Society named him an Asia Society Young Leader, one of the top leaders under the age of forty who will impact global affairs in coming decades.
- "Threat of Interstate Conflict Brings War Room Issues to the Boardroom". Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Mina Group Brings Fuel To The Remotest Places On Earth". World Finance. January 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Zack Friedman Named 'Revolutionary CFO of the Year' at the 7th Annual MENA CFO Awards". Business Intelligence Middle East. October 22, 2014. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- "Zack Friedman: Executive Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- "Three Moves Ahead". Columbia Law School Magazine. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "At a campus filled with intelligent, highly motivated students, Hopkins seniors Zack Friedman and Sarvenaz Zand could be classified as hyperachievers.". The Johns Hopkins Gazette. February 21, 2000. Retrieved December 8, 2012.
- "Council on Foreign Relations". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- "Dean's Council". Harvard Kennedy School. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Members - In The News - Pacific Council on International Policy". Pacific Council on International Policy. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Bretton Woods Committee Fall 2014 Bulletin". The Bretton Woods Committee. Retrieved January 10, 2015.
- "The Alumni | Columbia Law School Association | Alumni | Columbia Law School". Columbia Law School. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Rocking the Boat". Rocking the Boat. Retrieved November 3, 2012.
- "Friedman Named One of Top Leaders Under the Age of 40; Will Represent U.S. at Leadership Summit in India". International Business Times. November 17, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2012.