June 8, 1989 |
Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|HC Sparta Praha
Grand Rapids Griffins
|NHL Draft||178th overall, 2007
Detroit Red Wings
Zack Torquato (born June 8, 1989) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing for HC Sparta Praha of the Czech Extraliga. Torquato was selected by the Detroit Red Wings in the 6th round (178th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Drafted 3rd overall in the 2005 OHL Priority Selection by the Saginaw Spirit, Torquato played five seasons (2005-2010) of major junior hockey, skating with both the Saginaw Spirit and the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League. He also represented Canada at the 2007 IIHF World U18 Championships. Playing with the Erie Otters in 2009-10, Torquato registered 62 assists to set a new team individual player record for most assists in a single season.
On June 3, 2014, Torquato secured a contract abroad in signing a one-year deal with HC Sparta Praha of the Czech Extraliga.
- Saginaw trades Zack Torquato to Erie
- Erie Otters Hockey
- The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Torquato and Nailers agree to terms
- "Penguins sign Torquato to PTO". Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Sparta stronger with acquisitions" (in Czech). HC Sparta Praha. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2014-06-04.
- Zack Torquato's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Zack Torquato's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This Canadian biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|