Zadran (Pashtun tribe)
The Zadran (Pashto: ځدراڼ dzadrāṇ; pronounced dzādroṇ in Khost-Paktia dialect), also spelled Dzadran, Jadran and Jandran, is a Pashtun/afghan tribe of Afghanistan, originating in a contiguous arc-shaped area in the east of Loya Paktia, which consists of Wuza Zadran, Shwak and Gerda Seray districts of Paktia province, Nika, Ziruk, Gayan and Urgun districts of Paktika province, and parts of Qalandar, Nadir Shah Kot and Spera districts of Khost province. Few members of the tribe can be also found, Balochistan,Punjab,and northwestern Pakistan near the Afghan border. The Zadran are a branch of the Karlani tribal confederacy.
Prominent members of the Zadran tribe include:
|Abdul Wali Khan||
|Kamal Khan Zadran|
|Jalal Ud Din Haqqani|
2- Khalil Haqani 3- Ismail Haqani
|Saad Akbar Babrak||
- "Zadran: Pashtun tribe mainly residing in the “Zadran Arc” a 9-district area encompassing portions of the Paktya, Paktika and Khowst provinces.", Paktia Executive Summary on nps.edu
- Paktika Executive Summary on nps.edu
- Khost Executive Summary on nps.edu
- "Afghan power brokers: Playing the tribal loyalty card". Christian Science Monitor. 2002-06-10. Retrieved 2009-06-08.[dead link]
- Coyle, Dennis Walter (August 2014). "Placing Wardak among Pashto varieties". University of North Dakota:UND. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- Zadran Family Tree on zadran.com
- Scott Baldauf (2002-07-29). "Firefight shows strong Al Qaeda persistence". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
|This Afghanistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about ethnicity or ethnology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|