Zafar Saifullah was the first and only Muslim to be appointed Cabinet Secretary of the Government of India from 1993 to 1994. He belonged to the Karnataka cadre of Indian Administrative Service officers. Prior to his role as Cabinet Secretary, he held a variety of positions including that of Member Secretary of the Minorities Commission of India, Advisor to the Governor of Haryana, Secretary of Rural Development, Government of Karnataka, among others.
He serves on the board of CCL Products, a coffee exporting company in Andhra Pradesh. We do not know of his pre-retirement involvement with the company.
- Sengupta, Roshni (2008). "Muslims on television". In Nalin Mehta. New York, NY: Routledge. p. 92. ISBN 978-0-415-44759-1. OCLC 166382959.
- "Smaller states: Does size matter?". Rediff. October 2, 1998. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- Mahmood, Tahir (2001). Minorities Commission : minor role in major affairs. New Delhi: Pharos Media & Pub. pp. 56, 82. ISBN 978-81-7221-018-2. OCLC 48508180.
- Data India. New Delhi: Press Trust of India. p. 35. ISSN 0377-6832. OCLC 1797778.
- "Karnataka". India Today (Delhi: Living Media) 6. 1981. ISSN 1544-6689. OCLC 40894687.
- "Saifullah, Zafar: Brief Biography". Reuters. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Vice President Releases a Book 'Sulaimanis -Lives Less Ordinary'". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. September 1, 2008. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|