|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
|Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid
سید زید الزمان حامد
|Other names||Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid|
|Known for||BrassTacks TV Series: Takmeel-e-Pakistan Movement
Conspiracy theoriesSee below
Early life and education
Zaid was born in Okara, Pakistan, in 1964. His father, Lt Col. Zaman Hamid (Retd), served in the Pakistan Army. Zaid spent his early life in Karachi. He received a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in Computer Systems Engineering from NED University, Karachi in 1980's. In university, he also practiced Shotokan martial arts.
Through his TV programmes, Hamid has claimed that a nexus between RAW, Mossad and the CIA is responsible for the destabilization of Pakistan. He also claims that the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, were part of a plan hatched by "Hindu Zionists"", and that it was an attempt by the Indians to stage an attack just like the Americans executed the September 11 attacks.
Hamid first gained recognition in Pakistan for a TV Show, Brasstacks, that aired on NewsOne. Hamid critiqued the capitalist system that had led the world to many wars. His series on Economic Terrorism was well received/
On 20 November 2013, Imaad Khalid; a former staff member of Zaid Hamid, revealed at a press conference, that Zaid Hamid was plotting to assassinate Pro-democracy Army Chief, Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani. He showed Media the emails that he claims were sent by Zaid Hamid to different Army Officers asking them for a revolt against their own chief. He said “Zaid Hamid is a quisling and enemy of Islam and Pakistan, who had plotted unsuccessfully to assassinate the pro-democracy army chief Gen Kayani,”. Khalid further claimed that Zaid's hit list also contained the names of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, and others from the media and the judiciary.
Responding to the allegations Zaid Hamid wrote on Twitter, “Pakarmy (Pakistan Army) is an extremely professional org. Anyone contacting thousands of officers for rebellion against COAS cannot survive,” in another tweet he wrote, “Imaad was our team member who suddenly became hostile in April & joined the enemies.”
- Amber Rahim Shamsi (9 May 2010). "Will the real Zaid Hamid please stand up?". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- Pak TV channel says 26/11 hatched by Hindu Zionists, Times of India
- Hate speech -- II: The Pakistan report card
- "Educated and radical: Why Pakistan produces Faisal Shahzads". Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- Zaid Hamid Ki Haqeeqat[dead link]
- Gul Bukhari. "Clear and present danger". DAWN. DAWN. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Nadeem F. Paracha (8 March 2012). "Declaring sanity". DAWN. DAWN. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Name (required) (2010-03-26). "Hate speech III – by Fasi Zaka (The News) « Zaid Zaman Hamid and a few hundred Zaidonists". Zaidonists.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2013-07-21.[better source needed]
- Will the real Zaid Hamid please stand up - Express Tribune
- Mansoor, Hasan (Nov 21, 2013). "Zaid Hamid accused of plotting to kill key figures". Dawn. Retrieved 20 May 2014.