|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2009)|
|Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid Urdu: سید زید الزمان حامد|
|Born||March 14, 1964|
|Other names||Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid|
|Known for||BrassTacks TV Series & Leader: Takmeel-e-Pakistan Movement|
Early life and education
Zaid was born in Karachi, Pakistan, in 1964. His father, Lt Col. Zaman Hamid (Retd), served in the Pakistan Army. Zaid spent his early life in Karachi. He received a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree in Computer Systems Engineering from NED University, Karachi in 1980's.
Through his TV programmes, Hamid has claimed that a nexus between RAW, Mossad and the CIA is responsible for the destabilization of Pakistan. He also claims that the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, were part of a plan hatched by "Hindu Zionists"", and that it was an attempt by the Indians to stage an attack just like the Americans executed the September 11 attacks.
On 20-November-2013, Imaad Khalid; a former staff member of Zaid Hamid, revealed at a press conference, that Zaid Hamid was plotting to assassinate Pro-democracy Army Chief, Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani. He showed Media the emails that he claims were sent by Zaid Hamid to different Army Officers asking them for a revolt against their own chief. He said “Zaid Hamid is a quisling and enemy of Islam and Pakistan, who had plotted unsuccessfully to assassinate the pro-democracy army chief Gen Kayani,”. Khalid further claimed that Zaid's hit list also contained the names of Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, and others from the media and the judiciary.
Responding to the allegations Zaid Hamid wrote on Twitter, “Pakarmy (Pakistan Army) is an extremely professional org. Anyone contacting thousands of officers for rebellion against COAS cannot survive,” in another tweet he wrote, “Imaad was our team member who suddenly became hostile in April & joined the enemies.”
- Pak TV channel says 26/11 hatched by Hindu Zionists, Times of India
- Hate speech -- II: The Pakistan report card
- "Educated and radical: Why Pakistan produces Faisal Shahzads". Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- Zaid Hamid Ki Haqeeqat
- Clear and present danger - Gul Bukhari
- Smokers' Corner: Nauseous mumblings - Nadeem F. Paracha
- Name (required) (2010-03-26). "Hate speech III – by Fasi Zaka (The News) « Zaid Zaman Hamid and a few hundred Zaidonists". Zaidonists.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- Will the real Zaid Hamid please stand up - Express Tribune