Bakkali playing for PSV in 2013
|Full name||Zakaria Bakkali|
|Date of birth||26 January 1996|
|Place of birth||Liège, Belgium|
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in)|
|2003–2005||R.F.C. de Liège|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Zakaria Bakkali (born 26 January 1996) is a Belgian footballer of Moroccan descent who currently plays for the Dutch club PSV Eindhoven. He has also been selected for the Belgium national football team. He is most famous for becoming the youngest Eredivisie player of all-time to score a hat-trick, at the age of 17 years and 196 days. Bakkali is the youngest player on the Belgium National squad at the moment. 
After starting his footballing career at the youth academies of R.F.C. de Liège and later Standard Liège, Bakkali transferred to PSV Eindhoven of the Netherlands at the age of 12. During the 2012–13 season, Bakkali played for Jong PSV in the Beloften Eredivisie. He was promoted to the PSV first team for the start of the 2013–14 season.
On 30 July 2013, Bakkali made his debut for PSV against Zulte Waregem in a UEFA Champions League qualifying match. He made his Eredivisie debut against ADO Den Haag in the opening game of the season on 3 August.
On 7 August, he scored his first senior goal in the second-leg of the Champions League tie against Zulte Waregem in a 3–0 win. On 10 August, he scored a hat-trick in PSV's 5–0 defeat of NEC Nijmegen at the Philips Stadion, becoming the youngest player to score at hat-trick in Eredivisie history.
Bakkali has gradually risen through the Belgian youth-system and become a reliable goal-scorer. Scoring seven goals in 12 games for the Belgian U17 national side, he was promoted to the U21s; gaining trust from the coach Johan Walem.
After Bakkali's breakthrough into the PSV first team, Belgium senior coach Marc Wilmots selected him in the 25-man squad in the friendly match against France. Due to a training injury sustained the day before the game, he pulled out of the squad. With his dual nationality and without full international appearances, he still had the choice to play for the Moroccan national football team, but on 7 October 2013 (shortly before Belgium's last two 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers) he formally opted for the Red Devils.
- As of 30 May 2014
- Teenager Bakkali drafted into Belgium squad - FIFA.com
- "The Scouting Report – PSV wonderkid Zakaria Bakkali". Newstalk. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Jongste PSV ooit overklast Zulte Waregem, maar monsterscore blijft uit". Omroep Brabant (in Dutch). 30 July 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "PSV record 2-3 win over ADO in first game of the new campaign". Philips Sport Vereniging. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Bakkali duwt Zulte Waregem dieperik in". Sportwereld (in Dutch). 7 August 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Teenage wonder Bakkali's hat-trick hands PSV 5-0 win". Eurosport. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Buysse, Frank (7 October 2013). "Bakkali: ‘Ja, ik kies voor Rode Duivels’". De Standaard (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 October 2013.