|Full name||Zakaria Labyad|
|Date of birth||9 March 1993|
|Place of birth||Utrecht, Netherlands|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2014–2015||→ Vitesse (loan)||16||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 May 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Zakaria Labyad (born 9 March 1993 in Utrecht) is a Dutch-Moroccan footballer playing for Eredivisie side Vitesse, on loan from Sporting Clube de Portugal, as an attacking midfielder in the Portuguese Primeira Liga. The player has previously represented the Netherlands U17 team at international level before switching his allegiance to Morocco and playing for them at the Under-23 level. His father is his agent.
Having come through the youth program, in January 2009, Labyad extended his contract with PSV until the summer of 2012. Before joining PSV, Labyad played for USV Elinkwijk. Labyad made his debut in the senior team on 25 February 2010 in a UEFA Europa League home match against Hamburger SV, coming on as a substitute for Otman Bakkal in the 71st minute. Three days later, Labyad also made his debut in the Eredivisie, coming on as a substitute for Balázs Dzsudzsák in a match against RKC Waalwijk. On 18 April 2010, Labyad made his first appearance in the starting line-up in a home match against FC Groningen. Labyad's selection in the starting line-up paid immediate dividends, with him scoring two goals in the 3–1 victory. In the last match of the 2009–10 season, Labyad was again in the starting lineup in a 1–1 draw against AZ Alkmaar. Labyad more or less became a regular in the starting 11 in the 2011-12 season and experienced a great deal of success. He played in 32 matches and scored 6 goals. He scored a goal in the KNVB Beker semi final against SC Heerenveen and followingly won the cup with PSV.
On 3 April 2012, Sporting CP's president revealed that Labyad will join the Portuguese team for the 2012/2013 season, on a free transfer, signing a 5 year deal contract. However, on 23 May, PSV's technical director Marcel Brands told Dutch media that Labyad's contract was extended for another year since Labyad failed to formally terminate his contract before the legal deadline of 15 May.
On 2 July 2012, he officially joined Sporting. In his first season he made 20 appearances for the club in which he scored twice.
Labyad has said that he looks up to former PSV team-mate Ibrahim Afellay, stating “Ibrahim is my friend. I have a lot of respect for him, not only because he plays in the same position as me, but also because as a person, he’s someone I look up to.” During his time at PSV, Labyad lived in Utrecht with his family, so he had to commute by train every day to Eindhoven. He followed an education in "Sport & Activity" at the ROC Eindhoven.He is a muslim.
|Sporting CP||2012–13||Primeira Liga||19||2||0||0||2||0||6||1||27||3|
- "FIFA U-17 World Cup Nigeria 2009 – Columbia – Netherlands" (PDF). FIFA.com. 25 October 2009. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Zakaria Labyad". footballzz.co.uk. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Zakaria Labyad signs new deal with PSV". PSV.nl. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Report: PSV Eindhoven vs Hamburg SV – UEFA Europa League". ESPN Soccernet. 25 February 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Report: PSV Eindhoven vs RKC Waalwijk – Dutch Eredivisie". ESPN Soccernet. 28 February 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Report: PSV Eindhoven vs FC Groningen – Dutch Eredivisie". ESPN Soccernet. 18 April 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Report: AZ Alkmaar 1–1 PSV Eindhoven". ESPN Soccernet. 2 May 2010. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Labyad: 'Voor mij is Brands niet meer dan een conciërge'" (in Dutch). VI.nl. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Labyad signs in at Alvalade". Sporting CP. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Vitesse haalt Labyad per direct naar Arnhem". Voetbalprimeur. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Rising Dutch star after Funsu Ojo – Zakaria Labyad". The Offside. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Zakaria Labyad: "Beide benen op de grond"" (in Dutch). PSV.nl. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Zakaria Labyad Statistics". PSV.nl. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- "Zakaria Labyad Statistics". Voetbal International. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Voetbal International profile (Dutch)