July 7, 1975 |
Ilyinka, Ryazan Oblast, RSFSR, USSR
|Pen name||Zakhar Prilepin|
|Occupation||Russian writer, philologist, journalist, Politics, businessman|
|Literary movement||Realism, fantasy|
|Notable work(s)||The Pathologies 2003-2005|
|Notable award(s)||"Super Natsbesta" (2011)|
Yevgenii Nikolaevich Prilepin (Russian: Евгений Николаевич Прилепин), (born July 7, 1975 in Ryazan Oblast), writing as Zahar Prilepin (Russian: Захар Прилепин), and sometimes using another pseudonym, Evgeny Lavlinsky (Russian: Евгений Лавлинский), this one mostly for journalistic publications, is a Russian writer, and a member of Russia's unregistered National Bolshevik Party since 1996.
Yevgeny Prilepin was born July 7, 1975 in the village of Ilyinka Skopinskogo region Ryazan region in the family of a teacher and a nurse. He began his career at age 16. He graduated from the Faculty of Philology of the Nizhny Novgorod State University and the School of Public Policy. He worked as a laborer, a security guard, served as a squad leader in the riot police, took part in the fighting in Chechnya in 1996 and 1999.
In 1999, due to financial difficulties, leaves the service in the OMON and gets a job as a journalist in the Nizhny Novgorod newspaper "Delo". Published under many pseudonyms, the most famous of which is "Eugene Lavlinskiy." In 2000 he became editor of the newspaper. At the same time begins to work on his first novel, "Pathology".
"The newspaper, however, was horrible yellow and sometimes even reactionary, although it was part of the holding of Sergei Kiriyenko. And I realized that I spend a life for nothing - and began to write a novel. At first, it was a novel about love, but eventually (I worked three or four years), it has turned into a novel about Chechnya as about the most powerful experience of my life - as the saying goes, what we are doing always turns out to a Kalashnikov rifle."
The first works were published in 2003 in the newspaper "Day of literature." Works Prilepina published in various newspapers, including in the "Limonka", "Literary Gazette", "The Edge", "General Line" as well as in the magazines "North", "Friendship of Peoples", "Roman-gazeta", " New World "," snob "," Russian pioneer "," Russian life. " He was the chief editor of the NBP Nizhny Novgorod "People's Observer". He participated in a seminar of young writers Moscow - Peredelkino (February 2004) and in IV, V, VI Forum of Young Writers in Moscow, Russia.
National-Bolshevik, a supporter of the coalition "The Other Russia", took part in the organization of the Nizhny Novgorod March Dissenters March 24, 2007.
In 2007, he co-founded Prilepin national democratic movement "people" . 23–24 June 2007, Moscow hosted the founding conference of the movement and the first meeting of its political council. Co-Chairs of the movement were Sergei Gulyaev, Alexei Navalny and Zakhar Prilepin. Subsequently, the expected accession of the movement "people" to the coalition "The Other Russia", but it did not happen.
March 10, 2010 signed a petition Russian opposition "Putin must retire ". In an interview published March 16, 2010, said in response to a question about the purpose of the campaign:
" Putin - a system, and it is necessary to change the whole system. Need to open political space. First of all it is necessary to bring the country out of the state's political freezing. This requires a free parliament, discussion, independent press."
Since July 2009, he was host of "Old Men" on TV «PostTV». Member of the Russian Civil Literary Forum.
In 2011, Zakhar Prilepin as a rap artist has recorded a joint track with the musicians from the band "25/17" for album of their side project "Ice 9" - "Cold War". The track is called "Kittens". It had a video, in which Zakhar Prilepin played a major role. Later, in March 2013, Zahar starred in the movie "Axes" of the same group.
In 2011, Zakhar Prilepin assembled his own band "Elefank." The label "Midday Music» band released their debut album "Seasons" .
In 2012, Zakhar Prilepin appeared as an actor, having played in the TV series "Inspector Cooper" and in the film by Alexei Uchitel, "Eight."
Alexei Uchitel himself as part of the writer says in the film:
" Zakhar Prilepin already on my initiative appeared as an actor in a very small role of a taxi driver and took an amazing comedic talent. I was amazed. "
Currently works as Director General of "Novaya Gazeta in Nizhny Novgorod."
July 1, 2012, together with Sergei Shargunov headed editors website "Free Press." Shargunov became editor in chief, and Zakhar Prilepin - the editor-in-chief.
Besides leading speakers in magazines «Story» and "Spark" in "Novaya Gazeta".
The head of the Initiative Group for the establishment in the city of Nizhny Novgorod monument to the poet, playwright and novelist Anatoly Mariengof.
In July 2012 Prilepin published a short essay titled "A Letter to comrade Stalin", which provoked outrage and accusations of antisemitism. In the essay written in the 1st person of collective Jewish consciousness contains "autoaccusations" of antisemitic nature, and "admissions of crimes" against Russian people, culture and economy.
The media repeatedly mentioned Prilepin's friendship with the now Deputy Prime Minister Vladislav Surkov. It was reported that Surkov and Prilepin grew up in the same city.
Prilepin is married and has two sons and two daughters. He lives in Nizhny Novgorod.
- Санькя - Sankya, Novel. Ad Marginem, Moscow 2006, 280 pages
- Патологии - The Pathologies, Novel. Andreevsky Flag, Moscow 2005, 250 pages
- Грех - Sin. Vargius, Moscow 2007
- Чёрная обезьяна (Black ape) AST, Moscow 2012
- Ботинки, полные горячей водкой. (Shoes filled with hot vodka) AST, Moscow 2008
- Война. (A war) AST, Moscow 2008
- Революция. (Revolution) AST, Moscow2009
- Я пришёл из России. (I came from Russia) Moscow 2008
- Terra Tartarara. Это касается лично меня» (сборник эссе). (Terra Tartarara. It's personally about me) AST, Moscow 2009
- Леонид Леонов: Игра его была огромна. (Leonid Leonov: His play was great) Molodaya Gvardiya, Moscow 2010
- Книгочёт. (The Bookgazer) Astrel, Moscow 2012
- Именины сердца. Разговоры с русской литературой. (Heart's birthday. The talk with Russian literature) AST, Moscow 2009
- "Захар Прилепин - Биография". Zaharprilepin.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Захар Прилепин | Новая литературная карта России". Litkarta.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Прилепин, Захар". Lenta.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Биография Захара Прилепина | Анонимная Правда". Sta-sta.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- Medved magazine, No 3 (138), 2010
- "Eugene Lavlinskiy". Liga-press.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Письмо товарищу Сталину - Общество - Свободная Пресса". svpressa.ru. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Ежедневный Журнал: Дебютант". Ej.ru. 2012-09-24. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "МЫ ЗДЕСЬ | Публикации | Сифилис антисемитизма". Newswe.com. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zakar Prilepin.|
- Zahar Prilepin - official website
- Sankya - official website
- Sin - official website
- Russia’s Young Hemingway
- "The St.Petersburg Times Review "
- "Putin’s Iron Grip on Russia Suffocates Opponents -The New York Times"
- "The Moscow Times review "
- "Literary Agency Nibbe and Wiedling- information about the author "