Zaphod Beeblebrox (nightclub)
|Address||27 York St
Ottawa ON K1N 5S7
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Opened||March 1992 (York St Location)|
It is themed after The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, with drinks like the Pan Galactic Gargleblaster and other cocktails, and the Zaphod Beeblebrox style, which is described as "...the worst dressed sentient being in the universe, and even though he didn't try to be cool, he was."
Eugene D. Haslam originally opened the venue on Rideau Street on August 1989, but was shut down on January 1991 when Bell Canada purchased the club's property for its telephone facilities. Haslam reopened Zaphod Beeblebrox in its present location on March 1992. Haslam later acquired and reopened Barrymore's, an Ottawa live music venue in 1996, and opened another short-lived club on Bank Street which was named Zaphod's 2.
During the week of March 4–10, 2012 Zaphod's celebrated its 20th anniversary with week long concerts and DJ sets.
- eugene :: zaphod beeblebrox
- Potter, Rebecca (13 July 2012). "A dubstep in the right direction". Ottawa Citizen. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- EDM has come to Zaphod's: Interview with Lowpass and Eugene Haslam
- Zaphod Beeblebrox: Weekly Events
- Zaphod Beeblebrox: History
- McQueen, Ann Marie (October 17, 2005). "Stones video makes TV debut". Ottawa Sun. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- http://ottawaxpress.ca/2012/03/01/zaphod-beeblebroxs-20th-anniversary-the-bar-at-the-end-of-the-universe/. Missing or empty
|title=(help)Ottawa Xpress | March 2nd, 2012