Sheikh made her debut on billboards across Pakistan as the "Jazz Girl" for one of Pakistan's prominent cellular service providers, Mobilink GSM.
Sheikh appeared in photo shoots in teen and fashion magazines and came to the attention of Khawar Riaz.
Success and later career
Sheikh has modelled for a large number of fashion designers, including Deepak Perwani, Umer Syed, Nomi Ansari, Sobia Nazir, Rizwan Baig and Ayesha Versay. Sheikh is also the brand ambassador for Salina-Wardah. Sheikh has also worked with Erum Imran, Asia-Saail, Nickie Nina, Sobia Nazir, HSY and brands including Crossroads, Levi's, SKIMYZ, Rijas, Bonanza(Satrangi), Lajwanti, Promize, Gulkari, Nishat Linen, Gul Ahmed, Bakhtawar Lawn and Nee Punhaal.
Sheikh has appeared in a large number of commercials for a variety of brands and products, ranging from cellular network providers to cosmetics. Some products she has worked for include Mobilink, Habib Cooking Oil, Care Vanishing Cream, Care Cosmetics, 7 Up, Rite Biscuits, Beri-O, Eden Luxury Villas, Dawn Bread, Dabur Amla Hair Oil (International Campaign), Rose Petal Tissues, Haleeb Milk, Bonanza, Molty Foam, Salina Wardah's "Fabric Concepts" and Al-Khair Polymers.
Sheikh appeared in a music video entitled O Sanam (O, Loved One!).
Sheikh made her cinema screen debut in 2001, through Hassan Askari's Tere Pyar Mein, in which she played the role of an Indian Sikh Girl, who falls in love with a Pakistani banker. Sheikh received Best Actress award for her role in the film.
In 2002, she appeared in Sajjad Gul's Chalo Ishq Larain (Let's Love). A year later, in 2003, Sheikh played the part of a Hindu girl, Ram Khori, who converts to Islam[unreliable source?] - in Laaj, (Honour) a historical, part-religious tale.
In 2006, Sheikh played the role of a girl-in-love in the Mubasher Lucman-directed Pehla Pehla Pyar (The First Love), a film partly filmed in Thailand, Speaking of her experience, post-production, Sheikh said, "It's not easy to work with Mubasher. He's motivated by his film a lot and does not believe in any compromises." She also stated that, at one point she had worked twenty-eight hours at a stretch, but that when I saw the result on the screen afterwards, I was in tears because it was clearly worth it."
In 2008, she starred in Javed Raza's Kabhi Pyar Na Karna (Don't Ever Love).
In 2002, Sheikh performed at Yusuf Salli's haveli.
In May 2009, Sheikh appeared in an episode of Urooj Nasir's television programme Who's That Woman?, which was aired on ATV.
- Tere Pyar Mein (2000) (Director:Hassan Askari) (Producer:Shahzad Gul)
- Chalo Ishq Larain (2002) (Director:Hassan Askari) (Producer:Shahzad Gul)
- Laaj (2003) (Director and Producer : Rauf Khalid)
- Commando (2003) (Director: Syed Noor)
- Yeh Waada Raha (2003) (Director and Producer : Sangeeta)
- Salakhain (2004) (Director: Shahzad Rafique)
- Tere Bin Jiya na Jaye (2005) (Director and Producer : Imran Malik)
- Pehla Pehla Pyaar (2006) (Director: Mubasher Lucman)
- Kabhi Pyar Na Karna(2008) (Director: Javed Raza)
- Honour Killing (2014) (Director: Avtar Bhogal)
- O Sanam (O, Love!) - Yasir Akhter
- Ghar Aya Mera (Mine, Came Home) - Tulsi
- Khamaj - Fuzon
- Punjabi Touch - abrar ul haq
- Hum Ek Hain (We Are One) - Shahzad Roy
- Atom Bomb (Jee Chaey) Fakhir
- "Tu Hi Meri Aas" - Usman Malik