From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The municipal department of the same name (Δημοτικό Διαμέρισμα Ζαράκων) comprises Zarakes proper, Zarakon Beach and Mahalas old village.
In historical times, Zarakes was called Zaretra (Ζάρετρα or Ζάρητρα).
Attractions in Zarakes include:
- Old village of Zarakes, also known as Μαχαλάς (Mahalas)
- Old mills
- archaeological site of Zarakes near Zoodochos Pigi church
- Old church of Saint Charalampus in old village
- Zarakes historical & folklore website
- Web Camara of Zarakes
- Photo albums from Zarakes & south Evia
- Weather station of Zarakes
|This Central Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|