|State controleld (Joint stock company)|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Sergey Kudryashov (General Director)
Sergey Vtorushin (Petrochemicals trader)
JSC Zarubezhneft is a Russian state-controlled oil company based in Moscow that specializes in exploration, development and operation of oil and gas fields outside Russian territory. Sergey Kudryashov is the company's General Director and Nikolay Tokarev is chairman of the board.
According to the company's website, Zarubezhneft's main activities are: exploration, development and operation of oil and gas fields abroad; design, construction and operation of oil refineries, tank farms and pipeline systems; application of advanced Russian technologies for oil field development; testing and export of modern hi-tech methods for oil recovery enhancement and export-import operations for technological equipment supply.
The company was founded in 1967 by the Soviet government to operate in friendly states.
In 2009, Zarubezhneft's General Direktor Nikolai Brunich was awarded with Vietnam’s Labour Order, first class, in recognition of his contributions to the successful operation of Vietsovpetro and cooperation between Vietnam and Russia.
Zarubezhneft carries out its activities in:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Russia (Nenets Autonomous Okrug)
Cooperation is being elaborated with the companies of Kazakhstan, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Ecuador, Libya and other producing countries.
Saddam's oil vouchers
- "Main Fields of Activities". Zarubezhneft. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Zarubezhneft, such discreet company". Russia Intelligence. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Developing Cooperation with Vietnam". Zarubezhneft. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Zarubezhneft chief receives Vietnamese honour". VOVNews. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Robert L. Larsson (March 2006). "Russia’s Energy Policy: Security Dimensions and Russia’s Reliability as an Energy Supplier" (PDF). Swedish Defence Research Agency.
- The Middle East Media Research Institute: The Beneficiaries of Saddam's Oil Vouchers: The List of 270. January 29, 2004