|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Co-founders: Husain Makiya and Zaid Jawad|
|Services||business intelligence and news|
It was founded by Ihsan Jawad in London, UK in the year 2000 and re-located to Dubai in 2002. Zawya pioneered the concept of online subscriptions in the Middle East and had 212,000 subscribers in 2009, providing profiles of 12,500 companies and 2,300 projects. The company grew to over 200 employees and a large profitable client base before it was acquired by Thomson Reuters in June 2012.
- Zawya was the first company to build and offer business databases for the MENA region. It also introduced a MENA financial newswire; Zawya Dow Jones in collaboration with the Dow Jones News Corporation. "Company Overview of Zawya Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Archived from the original on 20 July 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Derhally, Massoud (17 May 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: Zawya close to US$40m sale". Arabian Business. Archived from the original on 22 May 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Flanagan, Ben (8 April 2012). "Suitors line up for business portal Zawya". The National. Archived from the original on 11 May 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Hall, Camilla and Wigglesworth, Robin (14 October 2011). "Zawya stake up for sale". Financial Times. Archived from the original on 20 January 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "About Zawya". Zawya. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Daglioglu, Alper (Spring 2003). "An Information Portal to the Middle East and North Africa Region". The Journal of Alternative Investments 5 (4): 102–103. doi:10.3905/jai.2003.31907 (inactive 2015-01-09).
In this review, we feature www.zawya.com, which provides a single platform with multi-source economic and business data on the Middle East and North Africa region(subscription required)
- "Arab Media Outlook 2009-2013" (PDF). Dubai Press Club and Value Partners. Archived from the original on 20 January 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Kane, Frank (26 June 2012). "Thomson Reuters buys business information service Zawya". The National. Archived from the original on 29 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Thomson Reuters buys business intelligence platform Zawya". The Economic Times. 26 June 2012. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
[[Categordy:Publishing co[d;lw][d;w]d;wdwdw mpanies established in 2002]]
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|