Zazi (Pashtun tribe)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2009)|
Zazai (Pashto: ځاځی dzādzai; plur. ځاځي dzādzi), also spelled Dzadzi, Jaji, is a Karlan Pashtun tribe. Zazai is a sub-tribe of Khogyani which falls under the Karlan tribe of the Pashtuns. They are found in Paktia and Khost provinces of Afghanistan, but they have a small population in Kabul city and Baghlan province of Afghanistan as well. A large number of Zazis also reside in the Kurram Agency of North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan. The Zazi are divided into nine wands: 1(Hashim Kehil),2(Lehwani), 3(Ada Khel), Petla (combined with the Allisemgeh), Hussain Khel, Karaia Ahmad Khel, Ahmad Khel (combined with the Bayan Khel), Ali Khel, and the Jamu Khel.
Ethnicity and geography
Zazai tribe is inhabited in four major geographic locations in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Aryob Zazai is in Paktia province and majority of Zazi tribe live here.
- Maidan Zazai, district in the Khost province.
- Kwarma (Kurram) Zazai is a political agency in the Federal Administered Tribal Area (FATA) in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan bordering with Aryob Zazai. A large population of Zazai have started migrating to Kwarma over the past few decades.
- Kabul Zazai A very large population of Zazai tribe are also living in the Kabul city of Kabul province. Majority of the population in areas like Kalacha, kart-e naw, Shashdarak, Pul-e Mahmood Khan are inhabited by Zazai.
- Eng. Qutbuddin Hilal, Deputy Prime Minister (Afghanistan) during the period of Mujahideen (Eng. Gulbuddin Hekmatyar) and active member of Hezbi Islami from Zazi Maidan district.
- Nabi Misdaq, founder of BBC Pashto service
- Mohammad Omar Khan Mumtaz (died July 2006), a tribal chief of Ali Khel Zazai tribe of Paktiya Province and owner of The Afghan Mumtaz Transport and Company and commercial properties,farmlands in Afghanistan.
- Professor Ghulam Dastagir Khan, Professor University of Kabul
- Professor Ghulam Dastagir, a Scholar and intellectual completed his schooling from Aroub High School district of Paktia, and subsequently BS and MS from university of Kabul and Odessa State University - USSR. He has almost 30 years of teaching experience and an active member of university of Kabul
- Capt Hamidullah Zazai, pilot by profession serving Ariana Afghan Airlines as Vice President of Operations.
- Abdul Wahab Zazai, gold medalist in Taek Wando in Feather Weight over 51-55 KG 3rd International Taekwondo Championship in 2010.
- Aashiqullah Zazai, CEO for Sohail Global Group a famous Afghan construction and logistics company
- Majnoon Gulab Zazai, Minister Counsellor and Charged Affairs, Deputy Head of Mission, acting Ambassador
- Ethnic Identity in Afghanistan, Center for Conflict and Culture Studies, US Naval Postgraduate School
- Karen Zraik, David Johnston (2009-09-15). "Man in Queens Raids Denies Any Terrorist Link". New York Times. Archived from the original on 2009-09-21.
- David Johnston, Al Baker (2009-09-18). "Denver Man Admits to a Possible Al Qaeda Connection, Officials Say". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2009-09-21.
- David Johnston, William K. Rashbaum (2009-09-20). "Terror Suspect Had Bomb Guide, Authorities Say". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2009-09-21.
- Andumani, Khalid; Afghanistan: A land of many traditions
http://www.afghanwiki.com/en/index.php?title=Zazi by ABDUL SHAHEER ZAZAI
http://www.afghanwiki.com/en/index.php?title=Aashiqullah_Zazai by Afghanwiki team.