Zbigniew Jaworowski was chairman of the Scientific Council of the Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection in Warsaw and former chair of the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (1981–82) . He was a principal investigator of three research projects of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and of four research projects of the International Atomic Energy Agency. He has held posts with the Centre d'Etude Nucleaires near Paris; the Biophysical Group of the Institute of Physics, University of Oslo; the Norwegian Polar Research Institute and the National Institute for Polar Research in Tokyo.
Jaworowski's works on ice cores were published in Jaworowski (1994, 1992) and in reports Jaworowski (1990, 1992). Jaworowski has suggested that the long-term CO2 record is an artifact caused by the structural changes of the ice with depth and by postcoring processes.
However, Jaworowski's views are rejected by the scientific community. Increases in CO2 and CH4 concentrations in the Vostok core are similar for the last two glacial-interglacial transitions, even though only the most recent transition is located in the brittle zone. Such evidence argues that the atmospheric trace-gas signal is not strongly affected by the presence of the brittle zone. Similarly Hans Oeschger  states that "...Some of (Jaworowski's) statements are drastically wrong from the physical point of view".
Stephen Schneider said of him that "Jaworowski is perhaps even more contrarian than most, claiming that he can prove the climate is going to get colder through his work excavating glaciers on six different continents, which he says indicates what we should really be worrying about is 'The approaching new Ice Age...'." Jaworowski wrote The current sunspot cycle is weaker than the preceding cycles, and the next two cycles will be even weaker. Bashkirtsev and Mishnich (2003) expect that the minimum of the secular cycle of solar activity will occur between 2021 and 2026, which will result in the minimum global temperature of the surface air. The shift from warm to cool climate might have already started..
When approached to see if he would bet on future cooling, Jaworowski denied making any prediction, stating "I do not make my own detailed projections. In my paper I referred the reader to B&M paper, and that is all."
Jaworowski has also written that the movement to remove lead from gasoline was based on a "stupid and fraudulent myth," and that lead levels in the human bloodstream are not significantly affected by the use of leaded gasoline. 
Primary published articles
- Jaworowski, Z., 1999, Radiation Risk and Ethics, Physics Today, 52(9), September 1999, pp. 24–29. link
- Jaworowski, Z., Hoff, P., Hagen, J.O., et al., 1997, A highly radioactive Chernobyl deposit in a Scandinavian glacier, Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, 35 (1), 91-108.
- Jaworowski, Z., 1994, Ancient atmosphere - validity of ice records, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1(3): p. 161-171.
- Jaworowski, Z., T.V. Segalstad, and N. Ono, 1992, Do glaciers tell a true atmospheric CO2 story?, The Science of the Total Environment, 114, p. 227-284.
- Jaworowski, Z., M Bysiek, L Kownacka, 1981, Flow of metals into the global atmosphere, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, vol. 45, Issue 11, pp. 2185–2199. abstract
- Jaworowski, Z., 1968, Stable lead in fossil ice and bones, Nature, 217, 152-153.
- Jaworowski, Z., 2007, CO2: The greatest scientific scandal of our time, EIR Science, pdf
- Jaworowski, Z., Winter 2003-2004, Solar cycles, not CO2, determine climate, 21st Century Science and Technology, pdf
- Jaworowski, Z., 2002, The Future of UNSCEAR, Science, 297 (19), p. 335 (letter)
- Jaworowski, Z., 1999, Radiation Risk and Ethics, Physics Today, 52(9). article on-line
- Jaworowski, Z. 1999, The Global Warming Foly, 21st Century Science and Technology, 7 (1), 31-41
- Jaworowski, Z., 1997, Another global warming fraud exposed. Ice core data show no carbon dioxide increase, 21st Century Science and Technology, pdf
- Jaworowski, Z., 1996, Reliability of Ice Core Records for Climatic Projections, In The Global Warming Debate (London: European Science and Environment Forum), p. 95.
- Jaworowski, Z., 1994, The Posthumous Papers of Leaded Gasoline., 21st century Science and Technology, 7, No. 1, pp. 34–41
- Jaworowski, Z., Segalstad, T.V. and Hisdal, V., 1992a, Atmospheric CO2 and global warming: A critical review., Second revised edition, Meddelelser 119, Norsk Polarinstitutt, Oslo, p. 76.
- Jaworowski, Z., Segalstad, T.V. and Hisdal, V., 1990. Atmospheric CO2 and global warming: a critical review., Rapportserie 59, p. 76, Norsk Polarinstitutt, Oslo.
- The Great Global Warming Swindle - some of Jaworowski's arguments (astronomical causes, water vapor effect) are similar to the one in the movie.
- Raynaud, D., J. Jouzel, J. M. Barnola, J. Chappellaz, R. J. Delmas, C. Lorius, 1994, The Ice Record of Greenhouse Gases, Science, 259, 926-934.
- Hans Oeschger, 1995, Environ Sci. & Pollut. Res. 2 (1) pp. 60-61 
- V.S. Bashkirtsev and G.P. Mashnich, 2003. “Will We Face Global Warming in the Nearest Future?,” Geomagnetism i Aeronomia, Vol. 43, pp. 124-127.
- Jaworowski, Zbigniew (2003). "Solar Cycles, Not CO2, Determine Climate" (PDF). 21st Century Science & Technology.
- Jaworowski, Zbigniew (2007). "CO2 – The Greatest Scientific Scandal Of Our Time" (PDF). 21st Century Science & Technology.
- Jaworowski, Zbigniew (2009). "The Sun, Not Man, Still Rules Our Climate" (PDF). 21st Century Science & Technology.
- Jaworowski, Zbigniew (1997). "Ice Core Data Show No Carbon Dioxide Increase" (PDF). 21st Century Science & Technology.
- Rahmstorf, Stefan (2004). "The climate sceptics" (PDF). Weather catastrophes and climate change – Is there still hope for us?. Munich: Munich Re. pp. 76–83. ISBN 3-9376-2481-3.
- Paul Arnold, "Interview with Zbigniew Jaworowski" at the Wayback Machine (archived July 3, 2007), BBC, June 14, 2000.