|First Seven Presidents of the Seventy|
|March 1, 1835– April 6, 1837|
|Called by||Joseph Smith, Jr.|
|End reason||Honorably released because he had already been ordained a high priest|
September 7, 1804|
Ovid, New York, United States
|Died||July 21, 1887
Spanish Fork, Utah Territory, United States
On 9 January 1831, Coltrin was baptized into the Latter Day Saint church by Solomon Hancock at Strongsville, Ohio and ordained an elder of the church on January 21, 1831. Just weeks after, Coltrin was assigned to go to Missouri as a church missionary with Levi W. Hancock. On 17 July 1832 Coltrin was ordained a high priest and in 1834 he served another mission, this time to Upper Canada. Also in 1834, Coltrin joined Zion's Camp and marched from Ohio to Missouri to assist Latter Day Saints there.
Coltrin became a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy on 28 February 1835. The next day, Coltrin was appointed to be one of the first seven presidents of the Seventy. When the church hierarchy realized that Coltrin had previously been ordained a high priest, Coltrin was released as one of the presidents of the Seventy on 6 April 1837.
Moved to Commerce, Illinois in 1839 but soon moved to Kirtland, Ohio. Appointed second counselor to Almon W. Babbit in Kirtland Stake, May 22, 1841 and received into Nauvoo high priests quorum June 4, 1843. Coltrin was a Mormon pioneer and traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1847. In 1852, Coltrin settled in Spanish Fork, Utah Territory. Coltrin practiced plural marriage, and his second wife, Mary Mott, fathered his eight children.
- Black, Susan Easton (1997), "Zebedee Coltrin", Who's Who in the Doctrine and Covenants, Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, ISBN 1-57008-292-8.
- Kenney, Scott G., "Zebedee Coltrin (1804–1887)", Saints Without Halos, retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Cook, Lyndon W. (1981), The Revelations of the Prophet Joseph Smith: A Historical and Biographical Commentary of the Doctrine and Covenants, Provo, Utah: Seventy’s Mission Bookstore. Entry for Zebedee Coltrin online at "Biographical Registers - C". BYU Studies. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Jenson, Andrew (1901), "COLTRIN, Zebedee", Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia 1, Salt Lake City: Andrew Jenson History Company, p. 190.
- Jenson, Andrew (1936), "COLTRIN, Zebedee", Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia 4, Salt Lake City: Andrew Jenson Memorial Association, p. 697.
- Stephens, Calvin Robert (August 1974), "The Life and Contributions of Zebedee Coltrin", Master's thesis, Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University.
- Stephens, Calvin R. (2000), "Coltrin, Zebedee", in Arnold K. Garr, Donald Q. Cannon, Richard O. Cowan, Encyclopedia of Latter-day Saint History, Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book, ISBN 1-57345-822-8.
- Biography of Zebedee Coltrin, The Joseph Smith Papers (accessed December 21, 2011)