José Carlos Gonçalves Rodrigues
Zeca in action with Panathinaikos
|Full name||José Carlos Gonçalves Rodrigues|
|Date of birth||31 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 May 2014(UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Lisbon, Zeca started his career with local Casa Pia AC, joining joined the club's youth system at the age of 10 and promoting to the fourth division in his first season as a senior. In the 2010 summer he moved straight into the top level, signing with Vitória de Setúbal.
It was when Panathinaikos searches for the restart on many levels and has given the "keys" of the club in Jesualdo Ferreira, after the "era" of Djibril Cisse. No one expected that after three years, Zeca would become the captain of the club. Panathinaikos coach has used his knowledge of the Portuguese market to strengthen the Athens club with the promising midfielder, who impressed in the Portuguese top flight after making the step up to Vitoria Setubal one year ago.  Soon became one of the most valuable tools in the hands of the coach, although his debut was one of the worst nights of the club. On August 18, 2011 he replaced Simao in a 3-0 loss from Maccabi Tel Aviv. Things were better in the league, however, for Zeka. He made his debut with the club on August 28, 2011 against Kerkyra F.C. The Portuguese midfielder had become a key member of Panathinaikos, and was one of the few who survived the tragic season (2012-2013) that caused the rebuilding of the team. 
On April 26,2014 after more than 100 appearances with the club Zeca, as a captain, lifts up the Greek Cup in a final against PAOK at the Olympic stadium in Athens ended a four-year wait for silverware.  On June 21, 2014 Zeca signs a 3 years' contract extension with Panathinaikos for an undisclosed fee.  
- As of 29 July 2014
- "Η αναζήτηση για τον αντί-Λάζαρο" [The seek for anti-Lazaros] (in Greek). Kitzbühel: In.gr. 17 July 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- ""Επίσημη πρόταση ΠΑΟ για Ζεκά", γράφουν οι Πορτογάλοι" ["Official offer of PAO for Zeca", the Portuguese say] (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Ο Ζεκά υπέγραψε για 4 χρόνια" [Zeca signed for 4 years] (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 29 July 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Με συγκρατημένη αισιοδοξία ο Παναθηναϊκός "πάτησε" Δανία" [Optimistic Panathinaikos "stepped" on Denmark] (in Greek). Athens: In.gr. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Panathinaikos sign Zeca , Jesualdo Ferreira swoops for Vitoria de Setubal midfielder" (in English). portugoal.net. 26 July 2011.
- "Παναθηναϊκός: Η 100άρα του Ζέκα" (in Greek). onsports.gr. 29 January 2014.
- "Berg treble helps Panathinaikos win Greek Cup" (in English). uk.reuters.com. 26 April 2014.
- "Ανανέωσε ο Ζέκα" (in Greek). contra.gr. 21 June 2014.
- "Παναθηναϊκός: Ανανέωσε ο Ζέκα!" (in Greek). onsports.gr. 21 June 2014.
- "Zeca". Soccerway. Retrieved 25 April 2014.