Zed Bias (born Dave Jones on 4 January) is an English electronic musician who operates within the UK garage and broken beat genres, both as a producer and a DJ. Jones has also released material under the pseudonym Maddslinky, and is half of the Phuturistix duo, as well as other side projects.
Zed Bias is best known for his single "Neighbourhood" which reached #25 in the UK charts in July 2000. He has remixed songs by artists such as Gabrielle, Kosheen, Maxim, Pharoahe Monch and The Streets. He runs the Sidestepper Recordings label. Zed Bias' releases, which explore a more experimental or progressive side of the 2-step garage sound, have been hailed as a crucial element in the establishment of dubstep as a definable sound or genre.
He produced and remixed the Scrufizzer song "Kick It", which entered the UK Singles Chart at number 62.
- Make Your Peace (2003, Laws of Motion) – as Maddslinky
- Feel It Out (2003, Hospital) – as Phuturistix
- Breathe Some Light (2007, Phuture Lounge) – as Phuturistix
- Experiments with Biasonics Vol. 1 (2007, Sick Trumpet)
- Make A Change (2010, Tru Thoughts) – as Maddslinky
- Biasonic Hotsauce: Birth of the Nanocloud (2011, Tru Thoughts)
- Sleepin Giantz (2012, Tru Thoughts)
- Boss (2013, Swamp81)
- Sound of the Pirates (2000, Locked On)
- Bingo Beats Vol. 2 (2001, Bingo Beats)
- "Neighbourhood" (2000, Locked On) UK #25
- "M-Flo - Been So Long" (Zed Bias Remix) (2000)
- "Heavy Water Riddim"/"Hurting Me" (2012)
- ^ "Twitter / Zed Bias". Twitter. 2014-01-04.
- ^ a b Clark, Martin. "Zed Bias biography," May, 2002.
- ^ a b c Halewijck, Yiannis van. "Phuturistix, new Zed Bias project," Plastiks, January 24, 2003.
- ^ Chart Stats: "Neighbourhood" by Zed Bias
- ^ Clark, Martin. "The month in grime/dubstep," Pitchfork Media, January 25, 2006.
- ^ Mugan, Chris. "Dubstep: Straight outta Croydon," The Independent, July 28, 2006.