Shaw in Montreal, 2008
Zed A. Shaw is a software developer most commonly known for creating the Mongrel web server for Ruby web applications, as well as his articles on technology, business, and technical communities. His most famous and well-covered piece was his article called "Rails is a Ghetto" which has since been removed from his site.
Shaw authored the Mongrel web server for Ruby web applications. Mongrel was the first web server used by Twitter, and inspired Node.js, according to its creator Ryan Dahl. Mongrel2 is the language-agnostic successor to Mongrel.
Learn Code the Hard Way
Shaw is the author of learncodethehardway.org, which offers to teach users Python, Ruby, C, and SQL.
- Mallett, Steve (17 May 2006). "Zed on Ruby, Rails, Mongrel, and More". O'Reilly. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Arrington, Michael (1 Jan 2008). "Zed Shaw Puts The Smack Down On The Rails Community". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Manchester, Phil (8 Jan 2008). "Uncertainty for Ruby and Rails despite changes: Zed rails, Bray dizzy". The Register. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Rails is A Ghetto". Archived from the original on 2009-11-03.
- Eyler, Pat (24 Aug 2006). "Making waves in the Ruby world". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Synodinos, Dio (13 Dec 2010). "Deep inside Node.js with Ryan Dahl". InfoQ. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Dziuba, Ted (3 July 2009). "Lamson - email app coding without the palm sweat". The Register. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- Zed, Shaw. "About Learn Code The Hard Way". Retrieved 2015-03-27.