|Founded||March 31, 2006|
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Key people||Subash Chandra (Chairman)
Sudhir Chaudhary (CEO)
Zee News Ltd (ZNL) is a media and entertainment company and a subsidiary of Essel Group. The channel is allegedly tried to extort 100 crores from the Jindal Group and two senior journalist have been arrested so far.
It currently operates the following news and regional entertainment channels:
|All India||Hindi||Zee News|
|All India||Hindi||Zee Business (24x7 Finance channel)|
|Punjab, Haryana, Himachal||Punjabi, Hindi||Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal|
|Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand Hindi belt||Hindi||Zee Sangam|
|Maharashtra||Marathi||Zee 24 Taas|
|West Bengal||Bengali||24 Ghanta|
|Bihar, Jharkhand||Hindi||Zee Purvaiya|
|Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh||Hindi||Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhatisgarh|
|Odisha||Oriya||Zee Kalinga |
|Rajasthan||Hindi||Zee Rajasthan Plus Marudhara|
Zee News (TV channel)
|Owned by||Zee News Ltd|
|Sister channel(s)||Zee Business
Zee 24 Taas
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 307 (SD)|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 555 (SD) & Channel 67 (HD)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 145|
Zee News is an Indian news and current affairs channel founded in 1999 & is the flagship property of Zee News Ltd. Initially, most of the programs were broadcast in English. Around 2003-04, after the success of Aaj Tak, Zee News was converted into a complete Hindi news channel.
Naveen Jindal accused Zee News of trying to extort 100 crores from him for not airing stories against his company in Coal Scam. Zee News refuted the charges and made counter charges of Jindal offering them 25 crores to halt their investigations against Jindal steel in the coal scam.
- "Contact Us". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Jindal plays CD, claims Zee editors demanded Rs. 100 crore". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal vs Zee: Senior journalists arrested over alleged extortion". NDTV India. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Jindal Group and Zee television in extortion scandal". The Australian. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Zee to Launch Zee Kalinga". Delhi, India: The Media Info, 13 December 2013. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Naveen Jindal accuses Zee News of extortion, channel hits back - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2012-11-03.