|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2014)|
November 18, 1965 |
Lourenço Marques, Moçambique
|Awards||2003, 2004 and 2005: Best CFO in european telecommunications sector
2009: Best CEO in Investor Relations
2010: Best CEO in european telecommunications sector and best CEO in Portugal
2011: 2nd Best CEO in european telecommunications sector and best CEO in Portugal
2012: Best CEO in european telecommunications sector and best CEO in Portugal
Zeinal Abedin Mohamed Bava, was Chief Executive Officer of Oi until October 7, 2014 when he resigned. Zeinal Bava holds a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from University College of London.
In June 4, 2013, Zeinal Bava was appointed CEO of Oi as also CEO of PT Portugal. In August 6, 2014, the Brazilian telecom announced that Zeinal Bava would leave the Portuguese company management board in order to focus on running the new telecommunications company formed from the merger of Portugal Telecom and Oi. On October 7, 2014, Oi announced his resignation.
He began his career at PT as CFO of the Pay-TV division (former PT Multimédia, now ZON Multimédia) in 1999 and was Group CFO of PT from 2000 to 2006. During his 10 years at PT, before becoming CEO of the company, he held key management roles in the main business units of PT as CEO of the Pay-TV division from 2003 until the company’s spin-off in 2007, as Vice-President and Head of the residential unit of the fixed-line business (PT Comunicações) in Portugal, as CEO of the domestic mobile division (TMN), as member of the Board of Directors of Brasilcel, as Chairman of the Board of the shared-services unit (PT Pro) and as member of the Board of PT Internacional.
Additionally, Zeinal Bava helds several management roles in Brazil, being a member of the Board of Directors of Telemar Participacoes SA, companies of Oi group, and member of the Board of Directors of Contax participations SA and of the Board of CTX Participacoes SA.
Prior to joining PT, Zeinal Bava served as Executive Director and Relationship Manager for Portugal of Merrill Lynch International from 1998 until 1999, of Deutsche Morgan Grenfell from 1996 until 1998 and of Warburg Dillon Read from 1989 until 1996.
- 2009: Best CEO in Investor Relations for “Investor Relations & Governance Awards (IRGA)”, an event from Deloitte.
- 2010: Best CEO in European telecommunications sector, from Institutional Investor. Best CEO in Portugal from Extel
- 2011: Second best CEO in European telecommunications sector and best CEO in Portugal, pela Institutional Investor.
- 2012: Best CEO in Portugal and best CEO in European telecommunications sector, from Institutional Investor.
Zeinal Bava is also member of the General Council of Cotec Portugal; member of the Council of Founders of Fundação Casa da Música; member of the Board of Directors of Fundação Luso Brasileira and member of the Board of Directors of Fundação Portugal África.
- "An interview with CEO Zeinal Bava". McKinsey & Company. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Zeinal Bava leaving Portugal Telecom Chairman Post". The Wall Street Journal. 6 August 2014.
- "Brazil Oi says CEO Zeinal Bava resigns". Reuters. 7 October 2014.
- "Brazil's Grupo Oi names Portugal Telecom's Bava as CEO". Reuters. 4 June 2013.
- "Zeinal Bava Leaving Portugal Telecom Chairman Post". The Wall Street Journal. 6 August 2014.
- "Portugal Telecom and Brazil's Oi to merge". The Wall Street Journal. 2 October 2013.
- "Zeinal Bava appointed Chief Executive Officer of PT". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 28 March 2008.
- "Appointment of the Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 27 March 2009.
- "Contax Board of Directors". Retrieved 2012.
- "Zeinal Bava won ‘Best Investor Relations by a CEO’ Award". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- ""Institutional Investor Ranking" & "Extel Pan-European Survey 2010"". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 2010.
- "PT recognised at Institutional Investor Awards". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Zeinal Bava distinguished as Portugal’s Best CEO". Portugal Telecom. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Zeinal Bava eleito melhor CEO do sector na Europa". Diário de Notícias. Retrieved 09/03/2011. Check date values in:
- "In 2003, 2004 and 2005, Bava was also designated the best CFO in Europe in the telecommunications sector.". The Villager. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Zeinal Bava profile". Marcoaxis.