From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up zenith in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The zenith is the point in the sky that appears directly above the observer (opposite: nadir). In general, zenith may mean "highest point", used in sentences like Mount Everest is the zenith of the world.
Zenith may also mean:
- Ellipse Zenith, a French hang glider
- Zenith, a balloon flown to a record altitude of over 8,000 meters in 1875; see timeline of aviation—19th century (1870s)
- Zenith Aircraft Company, a manufacturer of light aircraft
- Zenith Bank, a Nigerian bank
- Zenit (camera), a Russian camera brand produced by KMZ (spelled as Zenith in some English-language literature)
- Zenith Carburetters
- Zenith Data Systems
- Zenith Electronics Corporation, a radio and television manufacturer
- Zenith Motorcycles, a now defunct British motorcycle manufacturer
- Zenith Oilfield Technology Limited, a British oilfield service company
- Zenith (watchmaker), a Swiss watchmaker
- Zenith, a Japanese make of binoculars
- Le Zénith, the common name for a series of indoor arenas, all similar in design, in France (15 at present)
- Zenith Brass Ensemble, a youth brass choir in Michigan, USA
- Zenith (building), a culture and exhibition centre in Munich, Germany
- Zenith (film), a 2010 American film
- Monsieur Zenith, a villain in the Sexton Blake series of detective pulp fiction
- Zenith (comics), a superhero comic series written by Grant Morrison that first appeared in 2000 AD
- Zenith, a city in Sinclair Lewis's fictional state of Winnemac, and the setting for his 1922 novel Babbitt
- Zenith, a city in the TV series Under the Dome which is accessible from within the Dome by an underground portal.
- Zenith, also known as Zenithia, a sky castle from the Dragon Quest video game series
- Zenith, a book written by Julie Bertagna
- Zenith, a literary magazine produced by The Key School
- Zenith, the currency used in the universe of Walter Jon Williams' "Dread Empire's Fall" series
- Zenith Carrier Zord, a zord in Power Rangers Lost Galaxy that was formerly the Shark Galactabeast.
- Zenith, a character in the book series Emily the Strange
- Zenith, the home planet of Winx club member Tecna, the fairy of Technology
- Zenith, a 2013 album by Grayskul
- Zenith, an album released 2010 by A Swarm of the Sun
- "Zenith," a song on the album Starbound Beast by Huntress
- "Götterdämmerung (Zenith of Power)," a song by the power metal band Stratovarius
- "Under Zenith," a song on the album Naveed by Our Lady Peace
- "The Zenith Passage," a technical death metal band from the United States
- HMS Zenith, the name of various ships of the British Royal Navy and of the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve Division at Southampton
- MV Zenith, a cruise ship
- USS Zenith (SP-61), a patrol vessel that served in the United States Navy from 1917 to 1918
- Zenith, Kansas, a community in the U.S.
- The Zenith number, also known as Enterprise or WX, referring to a toll-free telephone service
- Zenith camera, an astronomic or geodetic instrument which is directed exactly to the zenith
- Zenith Plateau or Zenith Seamount, an undersea bathymetric high beneath the Indian Ocean.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Zenith.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.