Zenith Insurance Company
|Headquarters||Woodland Hills, California|
|Key people||Stanley Zax (President and Chairman),
Louis P. Gonzoni (President and CEO)
Zenith National Insurance Corp. is a US insurance company headquartered in California specializing in workers' compensation insurance. It has been a subsidiary of Canadian financial holding company Fairfax Financial since 2011.
The company is based in California but has business throughout the United States through independent insurance agencies. It uses the brand names Zenith Insurance Company and ZNAT Insurance Company ("Zenith") for some of its business and also offers property, liability and auto insurance to agricultural businesses in California.
The company was established in 1949, and since 1971 it has slowly expanded across the nation until it conducted business in 45 of the 50 U.S states and the District of Columbia. Most of its business has come to be conducted through independent agencies. In May 2010, A.M. Best Company affirmed the financial strength rating of A (Excellent) of Zenith National Insurance Corp. and its subsidiaries.
- Jack D. Miller – President and CEO
- Jason T. Clarke - Executive Vice President & Chief Actuary
- Kari L. Van Gundy – Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Run Yan - Vice President & Actuary
- Michael E. Jansen – Executive Vice President & General Counsel and Secretary
- Davidson M. Pattiz – Executive Vice President
Board of directors
Zenith National Insurance Corp.
- Andrew A. Barnard – President and Chief Operating Officer, Fairfax Insurance Group
- Anthony F. Griffiths – Independent Business Consultant and Corporate Director
- Alan D. Horn – Chairman, Rogers Communications Inc.
- Michael E. Jansen – Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Zenith National Insurance Corp.
- Bradley Martin – Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Corporate Secretary, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
- Jack D. Miller – President and CEO, Zenith National Insurance Corp.
- Brandon W. Sweitzer – Senior Fellow of the Chamber of Commerce of the United States
- Kari L. Van Gundy – Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Zenith National Insurance Corp.
- V. Prem Watsa – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
- Stanley R. Zax – Chairman of the Board, Zenith National Insurance Corp.
Zenith Insurance Company LLC
- Louis P. Gonzoni – President and CEO, Zenith Insurance Company LLC
- Michael E. Jansen – Executive Vice President & General Counsel
- Kari Van Gundy – Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Zenith Insurance Company LLC
- Stanley R. Zax – Chairman of the Board
- Fairfax to buy all of Zenith
- "Zenith National Investors Lose Bid to Halt Fairfax Financial Acquisition". Bloomberg. April 23, 2010.
- "Zenith Merger Will Make Fairfax 7th Largest Workers’ Comp Writer in Calif". Insurance Journal. February 19, 2010.