Your transformation partner
|Type||Public (BSE: 504067; NSE: ZENSARTECH)|
|Traded as||BSE: 504067|
|Industry||IT Services & BPO|
Business Process Management
Business Application Services
Testing and Assurance
Customer Relationship Management
|Revenue||1782 crore (US$270 million) (2012)|
Zensar Technologies is a global information technology services and business process outsourcer headquartered in Pune, India. It is a software wing of RPG Group, and offers a range of integrated information technology (IT) and BPO products and services to Fortune 500 clients.
Zensar has a marketing presence in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. The company has operations and a customer base spanning across 18 countries including software development centers at Pune and Hyderabad in India and Gdansk in Poland.
Zensar service areas include Application Support and Development, Application portfolio management, Testing, Enterprise Collaboration and Content Management, Enterprise Application Integration, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing. Zensar's core competency is Application Modernization, using Zensar's SBP framework.
In 1959, viresh took over the Indian business of Powers-Samas Accounting Machines Ltd., London. On 1 October 1959, the name of the company was changed to International Computers and Tabulators Limited and the new trade mark ‘I.C.T.’ was used in relation to the company’s products. In October 1996, ICIL purchased the Software Business from ICIM. On 14 January 2000, the name of ICIL was changed to Zensar Technologies Limited.
On 16 August 2001 Zensar Technologies Limited merged with Fujitsu ICIM Limited to form the new company, Zensar Technologies Limited.
Recently Fujitsu's stake in Zensar has been purchased by RPG group as Fujitsu Services is planning to come to the Indian market by itself.
On 16 November 2010 Zensar Technologies acquired US-based infrastructure management company PSI Holding, which operates under the name Akibia, in an all cash deal of $66 million.
- Zensar Technologies felicitated with Emerging Business Applications Award for 2009 at the Oracle UK Partner Awards in London.
- Third consecutive CNBC award for Outstanding exporter of the year 2009 in IT, ITES & Electronics.
- Oracle UK Partner Award
- Zensar felicitated by Special Jury Commendation Award by the then President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Kalam for outstanding commitment and contribution to Nation Building through CSR efforts
- Zensar named as the Trailblazer of the Year 2006 by the NHRD for Best HR Practices
- Zensar awarded the ‘Corporate Governance Business for Social Responsibility Award’ for 2006
Offices and Locations
Zensar has its headquarters in Pune, Maharashtra with five delivery centres: three locations in India and two in the UK and US. Zensar is present worldwide with a number of on-site offices in the US, UK, Sweden, Finland, Germany, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Australia.
Zensar Campus Images
Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Acquired ThoughDigital for US $ 24.9 million in 2007
- Joint venture with a Tokyo Based EZA to form Zensar Advanced Technologies
- Acquired Hyderabad based OBT global in 2005
- Acquired Akibia Inc. worth $100 Million
Partnerships and Alliances
- Zensar and SOA Software announce Global Strategic Partnership in 2007
- IBM - Zensar has entered into a partnership with IBM Partner World to leverage the growing E-business market
- Zensar Technologies is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Zensar is a channel and service partner of SAP
- Zensar technologies is a worldwide recognized Oracle partner
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Emerging Business Applications Award for Zensar".
- "CNBC Outstanding Exporter of the year award 2009".
- "CNBC Outstanding Exporter of the year award 2008".
- "CNBC Outstanding Exporter of the year award 2007".
- "Oracle UK Partner Award".
- "Special Jury Commendation Award for contribution in Nation Building through CSR".
- "NHRD's Trailblazer Award 2006".
- "Corporate Governance Business of Social Responsibility Award 2006".
- "Zensar's Global Footprint".
- "Zensar Acquires Thoughtdigital".
- "Zensar in JV to take over Tokyo software co biz". The Times Of India.
- "Director's report on Zensar Advanced technologies".
- "Zensar Acquires OBT Global".
- "Zensar Technologies acquires Akibia Inc.". added acquisition. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Zensar partners SOA software".
- "Zensar's partnership with IBM".
- "Zensar is Microsoft Gold certified partner".
- "SAP - Zensar Partnership".
- "Oracle - Zensar Partnership".