Central Council of Muslims in Germany
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2013)|
|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (June 2013)|
The Central Council of Muslims in Germany (German name: Zentralrat der Muslime in Deutschland; abbr. ZMD) is an Islamic federation in Germany. With 15,000 to 20,000 members, mainly German, German Arab, and German Turkish Muslims, it has less than half the size of the Islamrat für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland.
Affiliated organizations also belonging to Islamisches Konzil in Deutschland
The following organizations belong to the Central Council of Muslims in Germany and to the Islamic Council in Germany (Islamisches Konzil in Deutschland):
- Islamische Gemeinschaft in Deutschland,
- Muslimische Studentenvereinigung,
- Union Islamisch-Albanischer Zentren in Deutschland,
- Union der Türkisch-Islamischen Kulturvereine in Europa and
- Verband islamischer Gemeinden der Bosniaken
The former leader of the Islamic Council in Germany, Abdullah al-Turki, is the leader of the Muslim World League (seat in Saudi-Arabia).
Affiliated organizations also belonging to Islamische Gemeinschaft in Deutschland
Islamisches Zentrum München and Islamisches Bildungswerk belong to the Islamische Gemeinschaft in Deutschland and to the Central Council of Muslims in Germany. The Islamische Gemeinschaft is affiliated to the Central Council of Muslims in Germany and to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Affiliated organizations also belonging to Islamische Avantgarden
Islamische Avantgarden were founded by the former leader of the Syrian division of the Muslim brotherhood. Islamisches Zentrum Aachen and Bundesverband für Islamische Tätigkeiten belong to the Islamische Avantgarden and the Central Council of Muslims in Germany.
The other affiliated organizations
- Islamische Religionsgemeinschaft Berlin belongs to the Central Council of Muslims in Germany and is dominated by the Islamische Gemeinschaft Milli Görüş.
- Islamisches Zentrum Hamburg is an affiliated organization and is dominated by the government of Iran.
- Islamische Gemeinschaft in Hamburg is close to the Islamic Centre Hamburg and an organization affiliated to the Central Council of Muslims in Germany.
- Haus des Islam is an affiliated organization, which is close to the Islamisches Zentrum Aachen of the Muslim Brotherhood. The other affiliated organizations are
- Islam in Germany
- Muslim Executive of Belgium
- Islamic Commission of Spain
- French Council of the Muslim Faith
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Muslim Council of Britain
- Muslim Council of Sweden
- (German) http://www.zentralrat.de/ Website of the Zentralrats der Muslime in Deutschland
- (German) http://www.zentralrat.de/3035.php Islamic Charta of 20.02.2002
|This article about an Islamic organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation based in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|