Teachout is an antitrust and media expert who served as the Director of Internet organizing for the 2004 Howard Dean Presidential Campaign. She co-founded A New Way Forward, an organization built to break up the power of big banks. Teachout was the first national director of the Sunlight Foundation.
2014 New York gubernatorial campaign
Teachout narrowly lost a nomination bid against incumbent Governor Andrew Cuomo at the progressive Working Families Party convention, which traditionally cross-endorses the Democratic Party candidate.
Teachout announced in an exclusive release, via new media outlet Buzzfeed, that she will be running for the Democratic nomination for governor. Her running mate, Lieutenant Governor candidate Tim Wu, is a professor known as the father of net neutrality.
- Corruption in America (Harvard U. Press, Forthcoming 2014)
- Mousepads, Shoe Leather and Hope: Lessons from the Howard Dean Campaign for the Future of Internet Politics (Paradigm Press, 2007) (ed. with T. Streeter)
- The Anti-Corruption Principle 94 CORNELL L. REV. 341 (2009)
- The Unenforceable Corrupt Contract Corruption and 19th Century Contract Law NYU Review of Law and Social Change Vol. 35, p. 693, 2011
- "A New Way Forward - Restore the Economy in the Public's Interest". anewwayforward.org. Retrieved 2014-06-14.
- Duke Magazine "Zephyr Rain Teachout, Accidental Internet Guru"
- "Zephyr Teachout splits the W.F.P., and maybe Cuomo's base | Capital New York". capitalnewyork.com. Retrieved 2014-06-14.
- "New York gubernatorial election, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". en.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2014-06-14.
- Jacob Fischler. "Exclusive: Progressive Ticket Will Challenge Andrew Cuomo And His Running Mate In New York Primary". buzzfeed.com. Retrieved 2014-06-14.
Further reading and resources
Articles about Teachout
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zephyr Teachout.|