|Founded||Scotts Valley, California (2006 )|
|Headquarters||Scotts Valley, California, United States|
Zero Motorcycles Inc. is an American manufacturer of electric motorcycles. Formerly called Electricross, it was started in 2006 near Santa Cruz, California in Scotts Valley by Neal Saiki, a former NASA engineer.
Zero makes a line of dirt bikes including the X and higher performance MX. They also produce street motorcycles, beginning with S in 2009. The S began shipping in volume in 2010, the first model year to include the Agni Motor, at which time the DS, a dual-sport model based on the S chassis became available. The XU, a smaller street bike with a removable battery, based on the same chassis as the Zero dirtbikes was introduced in 2011.
In 2012, Zero introduced the ZF9 Power Pack with the Zero S & DS models making them the first production electric motorcycles that can exceed an EPA-estimated 100 miles on a single charge. In January 2012, Pike's Research ranked Zero Motorcycles the highest among electric motorcycle manufacturers.
- "2011 Zero XU Review". Motorcycle.com. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- "Zero Motorcycles Tops Pike Pulse Research". Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- Zero Motorcycles Site
- Jay Leno Video talking with Zero's Founder
- Zero's founder gives video tour inside company headquarters (from faircompanies.com)
- Can a 2012 Zero S Electric Motorcycle Really Cover 100 Miles?