Zeta Sigma Chi
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2007)|
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (November 2009)|
|Zeta Sigma Chi|
|Founded||March 3, 1991
Northern Illinois University
|Type||Social and Service|
|Motto||Keeping The Dream Alive|
|Colors||Peach and Black|
|Principles||Education, Success, Culture, Service, and Sisterhood|
|Headquarters||DeKalb, Illinois, USA|
Zeta Sigma Chi (ΖΣΧ), (also known as Z-Chi, pronounced "Zee-Kaii") was founded on March 3, 1991 at the Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois.
In 1991, the sorority was founded at Northern Illinois University by eight founding members known as the "Mommy Chis". They are:
Sandra de la Roca
The Philanthropies of Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. are the Ronald McDonald House and the National Association for Multicultural Education (N.A.M.E.). Sorority members are united together through sisterhood and share the goal to be ready and willing to lend a helping hand to those who are in need on and off a campus environment.
- The Ronald McDonald House
The idea behind The Ronald McDonald House is simple: to provide a "home-away-from-home" for families of seriously ill children who are receiving treatment at nearby hospitals.
"The National Association for Multicultural Education (N.A.M.E.)"
The Founders of NAME envisioned an organization that would bring together individuals and groups with an interest in multicultural education from all levels of education, different academic disciplines and from diverse educational institutions and occupations. NAME today is an active, growing organization, with "Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority Inc.". Retrieved 05-06-2007.
- Alpha Chapter at Northern Illinois University - March 3, 1991
- Beta Chapter at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - June 4, 1994
- Gamma Chapter at Purdue University Calumet - November 19, 1995
- Delta Chapter at Michigan State University - March 31, 1996
- Epsilon Chapter at University of Michigan - November 14, 1999
- Zeta Chapter at Towson University - June 30, 2001
- Eta Chapter at The University of Texas at Austin - March 29, 2003
- Theta Chapter at University of Maryland, Baltimore County - May 2, 2004
- Iota Chapter at Shippensburg University - April 24, 2005
- Kappa Chapter at Wayne State University - July 30, 2005
- Lambda Chapter at Oakland University - September 10, 2005
- Mu Chapter at University of Wisconsin–Parkside - June 25, 2006
- Nu Chapter at Purdue University- April 15, 2007
- Xi Chapter at University of Pittsburgh- February 24, 2008
- Omicron Chapter at Eastern Michigan University- March 29, 2008
- Rho Chapter at University of South Carolina - August 21, 2010
- Pi Chapter at California State University, Sacramento - May 1, 2011
- Sigma Chapter at University of California, Davis - May 19, 2013
"Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority Inc.". Retrieved 05-06-2007.