|Founder(s)||Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli, Jason Harrison|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
Zetta.net delivers a 3-in-1 cloud backup, on-premise backup, disaster recovery, and archiving solution most notable for its high speed data transfer. The solution uses a lightweight software agent to replicate customer data, creating a second copy in Zetta's bi-coastal enterprise-grade data centers that is available for recovery after a data loss event, such as a server crash or natural disaster. The software supports Windows, Linux, and Mac and has plug-ins for SQL, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, VMware, and NetApp filers.
Zetta's data integrity and protection technology is based on a unique RAIN6 N+3 storage architecture, that adds an additional parity node (RAID 6 traditionally has 2 parity nodes, the Zetta solution has 3). It is also referred to as “RAIN” because data is striped across independent nodes (storage servers) not just across independent disks.
Zetta was founded in 2009 in Sunnyvale, California by Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli and Jason Harrison. The current CEO is Ali Jenab. Investors in Zetta.net include Sigma Partners, Foundation Capital, and Industry Ventures.
- Hilliard, John. "Nonprofit turns to Zetta.net to replace tape backup", TechTarget, 28 November 2012
- Robb, Drew. "6 Great Cloud and Online Backup Solutions", InfoStor, 11 April 2012
- Hardiman, Nick. "Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery: The Zetta Approach", TechRepublic, 28 November 2012
- Vance, Jeff. "Disaster Recovery: IT Pros Handle Hurricane Sandy", Enterprise Storage Forum, 30 November 2012
- Weaver, Charles. "Zetta.net Rolls out DataProtect for NetApp", MSP Alliance, 6 December 2012
- Rao, Leena. "Enterprise Cloud Storage Startup Zetta Nabs $11.5 Million", TechCrunch, 8 November 2010
- Zetta: About: Management
- Kim, Elizabeth. "Cloud company Zetta names CEO", Silicon Valley Business Journal, 19 October 2010
- "Zetta", Crunchbase, Retrieved on 8 August 2013
- Primack, Dan. "Venture Capital Deals", CNN Money, 18 June 2013
- Harris, Derrick. "Cloud Storage: Two Days, Three Startups, $30 Million", New york times, 10 November 2010
- Hesseldahl, Arik. "Cloud Storage Start-Up Zetta Lands $9 Million Funding Round", All Things D, 14 September 2011