||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
Wang Zhenyi (Chinese: 王振义; pinyin: Wáng Zhènyì) is a Chinese pathophysiologist, hematologist, and a Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Pathophysiology at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) in Shanghai, China.
From 1948 to 1960, Wang completed his residency and worked as a physician at Ruijin Hospital in Shanghai. From 1960 to 1982, Wang taught at Shanghai Second Medical University (in July merged into Shanghai Jiao Tong University therefore became its medical school), and was the dean of its pathology and physiology departments. From 1982 to 1984, Wang was the director of the Division of Basic Medicine of Shanghai Second Medical University. From 1984 to 1988, Wang was the president of Shanghai Second Medical University. From 1987 to 1996, Wang was the Director of Shanghai Institute of Hematology (SIH). Wang now is the Honorary Director of SIH.
Wang's research has led to the improved survival of patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APML). Wang is the author of more than 300 scientific papers and books.
Awards and honors
- 1992, Foreign Member, French Academy of Sciences, France
- 1993, Légion d'honneur, France,
- 1994, Kettering Prize for Cytodifferentiation Therapy,
- 1994, Member, Chinese Academy of Engineering,
- 1997, Charles Rodolphe Brupbacher Prize given for his "extraordinary contributions to basic oncological research." Switzerland,
- 1998, Prix mondial Cino Del Duca for Science, France,
- 2000, Qiushi Distinguished Scientist Award, Hong Kong
- 2000, ISI Citation Classic Award,
- 2001, Honorary Doctor of Science degree from Columbia University, USA
- 2003, Ham-Wasserman Lecturer, American Society of Hematology (ASH).
Wang is also a member of the Chinese Society of Pathophysiology, and the International Society of Fibrinolysis.
- American Society of Hematology
- Charles Rodolphe Brupbacher Foundation Prize, Zurich
- Ham-Wasserman Lecture by Dr. Zhen-yi Wang